New Group Created - Midwest Machinists

From the perspective of one lurking across the pond.. a radius apparantly centered on Kansas City, it reads like all the best Westerns Cowboys 'n Indians movies from my childhood!

Buckeye here; closest to Wilmington in the S.W. corner. I've always heard we're "Midwest".

The original link in the 2016 post no longer seems to work.

Anyways, I live in a suburb north of Detroit. Hate the cold/snow, but it is beautiful across the Midwest. Just moved here from Cleveland, OH which was an absolute gem in my opinion.

I'm all alone out here in Cornfield County USA!!

I'm all alone out here in Cornfield County USA!!
I pass through Dyersville, Ia on the way to the Waukon, Ia vicinity a couple times a year. I'll wave next time I'm passing through ;)

Hey, do more than that, give me a call, I may just be home
Unless you take the scenic route through Dubuque and up across the newly rebuilt Old
US HWY 52/IA 3
I hauled a bunch of cement powder into that job 2 years ago.

Hey, do more than that, give me a call, I may just be home
Unless you take the scenic route through Dubuque and up across the newly rebuilt Old
US HWY 52/IA 3
I hauled a bunch of cement powder into that job 2 years ago.
I'll keep that in mind!

I have driven through that older route quite a few times, even before the route into Dubuque was an expressway. I'm just getting to the point where I can drive the route past the Abbey and then up through Dyersville without referring to a map or GPS. Unfortunately by the time I'm going past I've already been on the road for 7-8 hours and am road weary.

The original link in the 2016 post no longer seems to work.

Anyways, I live in a suburb north of Detroit. Hate the cold/snow, but it is beautiful across the Midwest. Just moved here from Cleveland, OH which was an absolute gem in my opinion.
Why do we who hate winter live in northern areas with bucket loads of it?

Why do we who hate winter live in northern areas with bucket loads of it?
Lol I've wondered that. Wife and I could have moved anywhere after college. Instead we picked Cleveland lol. All in all I love it, but ugh I get sick of clearing snow.

Lol I've wondered that. Wife and I could have moved anywhere after college. Instead we picked Cleveland lol. All in all I love it, but ugh I get sick of clearing snow.
My sons live here, I had good employment when I was working (retired) and southwest Ohio has some really decent backroads to travel on a motorcycle.
Wife has mentioned moving but has no idea where. Anything with a beach is out; neither of us like sand.

Back