New Group Created - Midwest Machinists

Now that we've accumulated a few brethren I'd like to ask where do you buy your HSS cutting tools from? I don't need s gross of them, just a few.

I'd rather spend $100.00 on used HSS bits from US & Euro, than brand new but unbranded imports from you-know-where.
All in all, bits in general, the best score is a closeout sale (ie the 'Bay) of someones garage or shop. It's occasionally helpful some have been ground into form tools (especially radii) saving your own wheels. With HSS, both ends being usable makes 1 almost worth 2. You'll 'never' find any remaining Rex AAA and 95, Crucible (Colt Industries), about the epitome of HSS, Stellite, Mo-Max etc. Be aware there are grades such as M42, and also depends whether you're running a lathe or shaper.
Here is a terrific ( I never use awesome amazing etc) resource on the subject http://www.tttg.org.au/php/ArticleView.php?id=71

Thank you! More than I'd hope for; will start hunting in the next few days.

I’m from Missouri, but I’m moving to Wichita here in the next month or so.

Someone, somewhere, sometime will have to call this meeting to order. I will gladly PM my contact info of email and phone to streamline. You'll need that and text message first (getting saved into contact list) to get around endless spam and blocked numbers. I'm 100% helpful, and available kind of 24/7.

What about us that don't do text? And yeah I am that one weirdo who refuses to waste my time walking around looking at a phone.

25 miles straight South of Topeka.

What about us that don't do text? And yeah I am that one weirdo who refuses to waste my time walking around looking at a phone.
Always one in every crowd.
Oh wait, there's two....... Texts are little more than an easy way to relay short & exact info; like addresses that'll copy/ paste into Maps. Messaging in general makes easy transactions take forever, for what ever reason people won't write detail. I'm trying to make a buy and load south of me a hundred miles. Not packing and gassing up to arrive without the right rigging. In three days time; locating a lightweight portable gantry, a ladder rack to haul it, chain fall yaddy-ya; it occurs to him mentioning there's a forklift on site..........grrrrrrrrrrr. Not first time of course. Found a E-track cargo net, made offer. Lady responds with meet plan, K. It took 19 texts for her to find me parking where SHE picked! Including my concise report of arriving, in so & so vehicle at said landmark before she did...........grrrrrrrrrrr
Told ya so.

I'd say organize email and phone tree. I'd be more than happy to and CC it out. In PM, not open forum of course. Good anti-spam filter.
Lot easier than high school reunion list. Those old folks are so, oh wait.

Back