New Group Created - United Kingdom Machinists

GreatOldOne

R'lyeh Engineering Works
H-M Supporter Gold Member
GreatOldOne has created a new group called United Kingdom Machinists.

A group for all of who spell colour with a u, machine aluminium rather than aluminum, drink tea and unwind with a pint of warm ale at the pub.

I'm all for the spelling correctly and drinking tea but... warm ale!?
I'm on the west coast of Scotland. I need to build my new workshop in my garden and put my Viceroy lathe back together. Hoping to make a few posts on here in the near future.

I'm all for the spelling correctly and drinking tea but... warm ale!?
I'm on the west coast of Scotland. I need to build my new workshop in my garden and put my Viceroy lathe back together. Hoping to make a few posts on here in the near future.

My understanding of warm in Scotland, or Northern Ireland for that matter, is that the North Sea winds will shave 'ya and room temp is close to 40 degrees F.
I personally favor Guiness Stout or Smithwicks though over here I suspect the quality compared to 'over there' is compromised.

Great Old One,

Would be interested in joining the group, I am very near your location as well,

Cheers
Core Oil.

Uncle Harry,
We are all purveyors of beer , Guinness or Smethwicks maybe sue to our inclement weather we do not mind the beer being a little warm but to counteract the cold we Scots invented Whiskey to warm our innards
~Cheers.
core Oil.

Great Old One,

Cheers
Core Oil.

Uncle Harry,
We are all purveyors of beer , Guinness or Smethwicks maybe sue to our inclement weather we do not mind the beer being a little warm but to counteract the cold we Scots invented Whiskey to warm our innards
~Cheers.
core Oil.

I know a number of Scots who immigrated here in the early '70's. Glenlivit or Glenfiddich (sp)? was their choice of fine chemistry.

Great Old One,

Cheers
Core Oil.

Uncle Harry,
~Cheers.
core Oil.

I'd love to make you a member, but I've lost the ability approve new memnbers. You'll have to contact the group owner. I used to be the owner, but not anymore since they moved the groups around.

Cheers,

Jason

Back