New guy looking for info

Hello Tim,

Wow... !!! That's one stout looking mill. Coincidentally, the quill feed on my mill didn't work either, when I bought it. It turned out that the bronze change gear fork had been shredded by some dufous in the past changing the feed rate while running. I made a new change gear fork by reverse engineering and it works like a charm.

Is the price right ?

Brian

- - - Updated - - -

Great Job!

It's the exact same technique I used for my 5000# Ghisolt Lathe and my 2500# Cincy Mill.
Good job.

Wish I had a clear plan for the 7000# Surface Grinder that I talked Senna into me purchasing.

Congratulations.

A 7000# surface grinder... ????

I'd like to see some pics of all of those machines you have... not to hijack Tim's thread...

Brian

Any input or info? Still on the fence trying to decide on the purchase. This is a pic of the actual machine, the electrical box leaning on it is not part of the machine and that is not rust on the table and spindle it is a coating to prevent rust.

mill.jpg IMG_00000651.jpg IMG_00000652.jpg

Looks like a hell of a machine. Is the table tight? I usually like to grab the end of it and try to move it back and forth just to see if the gibs have a bunch of wear. I would assume you have already turned the handles and run the table to limits in all directions. It's probably a very smooth machine. I wouldn't hesitate if the price was right. Good luck.

Chuck

Well after hours/ days of research I decide it was not for me. I think it is a good machine just to big and old and no information available. It's in Cincinnati if your interested. 450$ yes 450.00$

Thanks
Tim

That's a hell of a price for that machine if it's all there and in fair working order. I'll bet you could hog out a chunk of steel like butter with that baby.

Well after hours/ days of research I decide it was not for me. I think it is a good machine just to big and old and no information available. It's in Cincinnati if your interested. 450$ yes 450.00$

Thanks
Tim

Tim, If it was in the Chicago area I would be all over it. I like big old machines like that. You can get a newer smaller machine with all the bells and whistles but you don't get the rigidity that was built into that machine.

Chuck

Back