New Guy Needs Help Learning Specs On Slip Fit Holes For Bearings

David I sent a PM to you.

If I wasn't moving I'd do those for you, but all my equipment is broke down and ready to load up and move Tuesday, as I'm in San Martin rite next to SJ, I'm moving 187mi north

As the matirials sound expensive and slightly exotic you will probably need to make a prototype of some kind or at least experiment with the reaming and machining processes on some off cuts of the matirials to be used.

Just as an aside, their should be no problem with a press fit of suitable size for a smaller bearing as the size is related to the diamitor you are press fitting. Theirs a section in marks handbook on fits at diferent diamitors very handy stuff.

The loctite will be easier though as your tolarance can be looser and the loctite "should" center the bearing in the bore by surface tension.

Ramble over.

Stuart

I have a working proto that was made, and when I reamed it to a 501 the performance greatly increased which I was happy about, the down side I put it into a vise and went a little too tight and bent my proto. I spent a few hours and got it as close to straight again and was able to get an extra 1.10 seconds out of the bearing. for spin time.

First many folks here can make it for you but you have the engineering responsibility to insure what you think you want is what they think you mean.

If the bearing sales guy cannot help then seek out the bearing manufacturer and discuss your needs with them and they can provide a very detailed data sheet specifying the parameters for fit and tolerances.

Include that in your drawing and note the drawing to reference that sheet.

For a hand operated device speed and strength are not that much so a great amount of options there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I have a working proto that was made, and when I reamed it to a 501 the performance greatly increased which I was happy about, the down side I put it into a vise and went a little too tight and bent my proto. I spent a few hours and got it as close to straight again and was able to get an extra 1.10 seconds out of the bearing. for spin time.

Always anoying when you squash somthing in a vice, i think every ones done it once or twice (or more :) ) brown paper or soft metal shims can be good to improve the grip on a part with the same clamping force.

Stuart

Back