New Guy Needs Help Learning Specs On Slip Fit Holes For Bearings

I am not apposed to working with a machinist out of the area, to be honest prices would be better than my area, even with shipping. I need to find someone who is willing to work with someone who doesn't know about machining but can still relate to what I am trying to do. I know I want to do 100 pieces and 200 lathe pieces.

Do you have finished drawings to present for quotation purposes? You will need them for this. Otherwise, by rights, the shop would be in line to charge for helping you work through finalizing the dimensions and tolerancing.

Let's see who else runs across this thread. There probably are a few who would like to make a little "side money".

Drawings or even rough sketches would be good. Many of our members are used to working with back-of-the-envelope ''drawings''

The tolerance Tony suggests seems reasonable, well within the range of a reamer. Without having a bit more idea of the part shape, I couldn't offer any other suggestions.

I have DXF files and pdf of the first version, we have artistic renditions of the next versions based off our first. Am I allowed to post my contact info or ways of direct messaging like via facebook?

We generally recommend not posting personal information in the general forums, just for security and spam reasons.
You can post drawings or pictures if you are not worried about showing proprietary information.

You can contact any member by clicking on Contact under their name. This opens up a new window and is a more secure method of communicating with members as it is only visible to to the conversation participants. This would allow you to pass personal information along with reasonable security.

Ok well anyone who considers them self's talented machinists who can work on a bigger scale please contact me, I am looking for a new shop to move forward with.

One question that comes to mind is what materials need machining?

Stainless steel, brass, copper, titanium and some hybrid metals which are the same as damascus and titanium.

That makes it more interesting. :cautious::eek 2:

Back