New Kurt DX6 Crossover Vise - $472.53 Shipped!

Technical Ted

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Now, I don't buy many tools new, but when I do! :)

I've been drooling over these Kurt DX-6 vises for a while now... Was getting close to pulling the trigger on a scratch and dent for $493.60. Then, I saw where Kurt was adding a %4 surcharge to all orders because of the tariffs. So, this put that price up to $513.35.

Looked around at Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and everything I found was over $500. Then, I got a KBC sales flyer and some coupons!!! They have the vise listed for $540.18. One of the coupons (code "NEWCLIENT100" expires 12/19/2018) was for $100 off for a purchase of $500 or more.

So, $440.18 plus $32.35 freight = $472.53 for a nice, new, shiny Kurt DX-6! Sure does look nice sitting on my Bridgeport!

Hey, buy yourself one for Christmas!

Ted

IMG_20181128_134358.jpg
IMG_20181128_134429.jpg

Nice! I recently picked one up as well, though you got a better price! I still need to get mine indicated in, but compared to the old one I can tell it's going to be nice to use.

Curious, did you use the filler plate it comes with? Seems like it would keep swarf from building up in the channel, but that's what the shop-vac is for.. :)

Curious, did you use the filler plate it comes with? Seems like it would keep swarf from building up in the channel, but that's what the shop-vac is for.. :)

I used the vise today shortly after getting it for a small job. It's SWEET!!! Anyways, I only had thin pieces today, so I didn't use it, but I'm sure I will. I'll probably cut it into shorter lengths and make some additional ones up out of shim stock. I think their main function would be to keep crap off the screw. But, they will keep it out of the channel as well.

Ted

Sales catalog shows $540.18 You also get free speed knobs and a SS thermos.

Search for 1-5721-DX6SK and see what you get. Sometimes vendors use different part numbers for specials. I just did a search on their site for that part number and it showed it on sale for the above price.

Ted

I got one of those right away when I got my Bridgeport. The Kurt Speed handle with 4 legs is very nice. Stays on and is smaller and out of the way compared to handle on to tighten then handle back off set aside..

The "Speed Knobs" you get with this deal at KBC are just cheap, plastic knobs that you use after loosening the allen screws to remove the vise jaws as a quick way to remove the loosened screw... they don't amount to much. But, if you change your jaws a lot they might come in handy. You get four of them in the package. I think they sell for around $3.

Ted

Sales catalog shows $540.18 You also get free speed knobs and a SS thermos.

Search for 1-5721-DX6SK and see what you get. Sometimes vendors use different part numbers for specials. I just did a search on their site for that part number and it showed it on sale for the above price.

Ted

Thanks. That worked. Ordered one.

I think the scratch and dent from Kurt themselves is one of the best deals out there. $493.60 with free shipping. I never found an obvious flaw in mine.

Back