New lathe and mill

Mnwelding

Registered
Registered
Hi,everyone just took delivery of my new LMS 4100 mini lathe and 3960 solid colomn mini mill.
I am new the art of machining and very impressed with the level of skill and knowledge the contributors on this site display.I hope to one day learn enough to make a few of the projectsposted here and tinkering on my speargun projects and fishing reel enhancements.I just finished unpacking and cleaning the lathe and made a few adjustments to tighten up the backlash from the cross slide,
took apart the three jaw chuck and cleaned and deburred all the sharp edges and it operates a lot smoother now.I also made a test cut on some 5/8 stainless round stock,reduced it to 3/8 and cut a 3/8-16 thead.Boy! Who knew having fun could be this satisfying and demand so much concentration?Love it.Now I have to tram the mill. Well thanks for listening and I look forward to learning.
Marc

Sweet man. I find it fun just to turn the machines on and make a cut even if just for the sake of cutting something

Welcome to the forum. You've got two nice little machines there. Jump right in head first, share and ask but remember, it can be habit forming. :lmao:

Dave

Good little machines. I have them as well. Now the fun begins. :)

Bill

Back