New lathe owner, new member, and my pretty new site

Ststephen7

Registered
Registered
Hi all,

I've been learning a lot from sites like this, and from the usual suspects on youtube thinking I would buy a lathe and someday milling machine. And...a few weeks ago I bought a 1959 Sheldon 10" lathe! Currently the bulk of it is in my garage while I figure out how to get it into the basement.

I quite literally walked away from a career in retail leadership, took a few years off, and I'm now trying to make a living out of my garage and basement. I taught myself how to weld, first with oxy gas, then stick, mig, and then tig. I'm not great at any of them...

I'd love to hear what you think...

https://stevegannonhandmade.com

Thanks,
Steve

fullsizeoutput_ee4.jpeg

IMG_1992.JPG

westsailpat

Registered
Registered
Hey Steve , I like what you are doing (making stuff and selling it) when I had my actual shop that was always my dream to invent something and market it . Good luck and keep us posted .

dlane

Active User
Registered
Look out they’ll try to make them illegal, they could hurt someone

dlane

Active User
Registered
I reread title again, and looked at site ”cool”
Good luck

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock