New light for the PM 835s

chiroone

Registered
Registered
OK, my search for a new light for the PM 835 is over. I bought this thing from Etsy website, apparently was made by a retired veteran. It includes a LED ring that has a magnetic disk on it that connects it to the spindle. It also had a LED gooseneck light. The thing works great here’s a few pics

3F2D6B89-675F-40CF-9D25-9B889520CBB7.jpeg
5C4A4FDC-DEB1-49E1-8E76-2233D144AFA1.jpeg
DB48544F-8E41-41C5-8B62-6AA0686ADB1A.jpeg

I have a magnetic LED ring light on my 935 as well. Works really well.

OK, my search for a new light for the PM 835 is over. I bought this thing from Etsy website, apparently was made by a retired veteran. It includes a LED ring that has a magnetic disk on it that connects it to the spindle. It also had a LED gooseneck light. The thing works great here’s a few pics

View attachment 262784View attachment 262785View attachment 262786
While I didn't copy your decision to get an 835, this is a no-brainer. Mine is on order.

Here's the link:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/543207660/ultimate-milling-machine-spindle-light

The concern could be just me. But I don’t like any kind of magnetic field that close to spindle bearings…Dave

The concern could be just me. But I don’t like any kind of magnetic field that close to spindle bearings…Dave
Dave,
Are you concerned about attracting metal particles into the bearing area?
Evan

Dave,
Are you concerned about attracting metal particles into the bearing area?
Evan
Hi Evan, there is good reading on the subject when you search the net. I’m one that does not need the head scratching. I would rather be safe than sorry. It’s no big deal for me to stay away from using magnets, especially the rare earth kind around my machines. I can and have easily adapted. Also any kind of iron, cobalt, nickel swarf will stick to the magnets and that stuff usually finds my body. I hate metal slivers! …Dave

Back