New Manual Mill

wheeler34man

Registered
Registered
Well I'm trying to be patient but it's difficult but hopefully within the next week I should get my new manual mill from Charter Oak Automation. In the mean time I've been building it's stand.

How long has it been? And what appears to be the holdup? Do they not keep these in stock?

I have no fab capabilities, but they did offer to build their stand 4" higher.

I'll be interested in pics when you finally get it. :)

Bill

I don't know what the issue or holdup is. I suspect they dont really keep them in stock per say. They probably buy say 10 and maybe keep 1 or 2 in stock and the other 8 were paid in full before they ordered them from China. It's been nearly 8 weeks and once it ships its got to make it from East Coast to West Coast and I'm sure that's another week.

Seems like the good stuff is all 'sit around and wait'. Did you have to pay up front, or just put a deposit?

Hopefully it will be in soon.

Bill

:ups:

Bill
P.S. We of course require pics. It would be nice to see what this thing looks like, as the few pics on their site don't show much.

Sure I'll post some pics...so kind of a dumb question here. I built a stand already with what I knew or learned at the time I bought it. So do I need to bolt my mill to my stand or is/are rubber isolated feet maybe better and let it just rest on my stand?

This is my 13" tall stand and a crane I built to lift the vice, rotary table and any future heavy parts up onto the mill table. I'm using a 3500# ATV winch on the crane which isn't shown. I'll post more once I get it set up. That's all I have for now. It will all makes sense soon.

IMAG1492.jpg

This is just my opinion, but I would bolt the machine to the stand (I hope it has a wider/deeper footprint than the mill), and then put machine mounts on the stand's legs if you're not going to bolt it to the floor. From what I've read, that's a pretty heavy mill, and I wouldn't want it moving around on it's stand. It could tip/fall over if it moves around too much on it's stand.

Just my $0.02,
Bill

Sure I'll post some pics...so kind of a dumb question here. I built a stand already with what I knew or learned at the time I bought it. So do I need to bolt my mill to my stand or is/are rubber isolated feet maybe better and let it just rest on my stand?

Pretty cool stand with the crane feature. Wow, you must be really tall! Please post pics of it when you have it mounted!I

I agree, I'd definitely bolt it up to the stand & just use your Footmasters as the feet for the whole assy.

Back