New member and my (not yet purchased) Clausing Lathe

papa-roe

Registered
Registered
clausing head stock.jpg clausing tool post.jpg
Looking forward to learning how to use this. Getting it real cheap because the current owner's wife told him that she wants to move and downsize and this lathe is NOT going to their new home. These are the pictures that he showed me. Going to look at it in person this Friday.

Clausing serial and model.jpg

clausing change gears.jpg

I have that same machine and love it. I'm a newbie at it myself but your going to really like it!!!! It also has a taper attachment which from what people told me is a rare thing to get. What kind of tooling and Chuck's go with it??

Get him to throw in all the tooling!
There is not much tooling. He bought from someone who was getting a new lathe and there was no tooling of any consequence provided. He bought two tool holders but never used them. 3 jaw chuck, 4 jaw chuck and some odds and ends.

I have that same machine and love it. I'm a newbie at it myself but your going to really like it!!!! It also has a taper attachment which from what people told me is a rare thing to get. What kind of tooling and Chuck's go with it??
3 jaw chuck, 4 jaw chuck and a trailer tire that doesn't fit anything.

I will not be getting a taper attachment with this lathe. I'm sure that if I don't get the lathe leveled correctly, align the tailstock and remove any bed twist, I may have taper whether I want it or not. At this point I will be satisfied to be able to get it running as is. As my skills advance and the need arises I will try to find one.

Looks like it has a taper attachment back there does it not?
Mark

I see a taper attachment on the lathe , I'm pretty sure it comes with the lathe .

Looks like it has a taper attachment back there does it not?
Mark
Look at that. I was so focused on the tool post in the picture that I never even saw it. I was looking for tell tale signs of wear on the bed and the cross slide in these pictures and it completely slipped my notice. That is embarrassing.

Awesome find! You are going to really enjoy your new lathe

Back