New Member Gets 5 Machines

Jim how big is that orange beast it makes that knee mill look like a kids toy. You are also missing a lug nut.

It's missing more than one:eek: It'll handle about 10,000 lbs

This might put it in perspective:
FLsmall.jpg

Sounds like a great deal!

The 10EE would have originally had a motor/generator (MG) drive with a DC spindle. They were very robust and had incredible variable speed control, lots of low end torque, down to about 8 RPM. If it has the original drive, don't let anyone talk you into "upgrading" it to an AC motor with a VFD controller; you can't beat the original DC drive. I know all about that drive and can help you with any problems.

Cal

Cal, I am going to take everything slow. I like to do some research before doing anything. I'm working on getting everything picked up tomorrow. I must admit I fear I might end up like the bad little kid that his parents put horse manure in his Christmas stocking. He was all excited because he figured if there is horse manure there has to be a pony somewhere. I never know about a monarch 10 ee until I had already bought it. I'll let you know what I got tomorrow. I plan on taking pictures and posting them on here. Thanks for your offer to help me if it is a problem. I have a 3 phase generator that runs on natural gas. It is a Leroi 220 75 kw about a 1940. I have my own gas well. I can always run it off of that.

I made it home the lathes are dirty but look good. The 10ee has a missing name plate. Can anyone tell me where it should be and where else the serial number might be. it has been modified to a ac motor and a vfd. I have the machines unloaded and will start cleaning them up tomorrow. I have lots of pictures but I don't know how to load them on to the computer. I'll get my daughter to help me tomorrow.

The good news and the bad news on the 10ee. The motor/generator is gone and someone did a poor installation of a 3 hp 3 phase motor with a vfd. The name plate is gone. I am missing a small door (right next to your left foot). Back lash on cross feed .014 carriage backlash is very large. The 3 and four jaw chucks have been prerusted for me. Good new is there is very little if any rust. I am interested in an information on where to look for the series number stamped into the machine. The machine has the round chart for speeds and pitch.The tachometer is round and 2500 rpm max. The steady rest seems correct . Tool holder are nice and not rusted. I plan to test run the lathe today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

The 10EE's serial number should be stamped on the right end of the bed, in front, between the flat way for the tailstock and the Vee-way for the carriage.

Cal

Cal, Thanks the stamping is inspected by HGB Lot No ee6904 I am trying to attach a picture.

Back