New Member Gets 5 Machines

Jim, I am working on the rpc and should be able to test the lathe within the week. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]I don't kjnow why I can not post on this site. I post on the practical machinist without any troble.

20151108_090608.jpg

I can not seem to get the 10 ee picture to load. I'll try to take another picture.

That Bridgeport CNC looks like a Boss 5 or 6. I had both. The biggest problem I had with them was the transistors and them getting lost. I found a different transistor that had twice the current carrying load and were twice as fast on the switching. I believe they were NTE386. After I replaced them they never blew out again.

Not much you can do abut them getting lost, they have no position feedback to the control.

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. I have a 3 hp vfd. I was thinking of setting it at 60 hz. and trying the machine. anyone had experience at doing this? I finally got the 10 ee on the site. I used my personal profile. Cal now you can see what I got. Ted

I'm not very versed in VFD's, but one thing I do know is that you don't disconnect the load from a VFD, you use the VFD turn the load off otherwise you will damage the VFD. I learned that from working with Jim.

So not sure if there is a way to power the CNC through a VFD or not.

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. I have a 3 hp vfd. I was thinking of setting it at 60 hz. and trying the machine. anyone had experience at doing this?

The VFD will run the spindle motor just fine........ But, the control system won't like it. The controls are probably single phase anyway, so you can power them up from a separate feed. May require a bit of rewiring, I don't know what the Boss control system looks like so I can't help you there. My spindle motor and controls are fed from separate sources.

Back