New Member With A Central Machinery 44142 3 In 1 Mill Drill Lathe

I bought a small table to mount and raise the work surface for milling. It is an angle table so it makes cutting angles a little easier. Most of the work I turned out was smaller pieces (made a couple of steam engines with it) and I found the best way to mill them was along the Y axis. I would tighten everything down along the X axis and use the cross feed for milling. You have to go slow but it worked. The only thing about the 3n1 is the taking down and resetting when going from a lathe operation to a milling operation. I bought the bxa QC tool post from CDCO and with the DRO I installed made things a little easier. I thought about buying another table with the crossfeeds on it and using it with everything else locked down but never got around to it. I also found a dc motor and bought a KB controller for it and it worked great. Eventually I bought a logan lathe and a GO755 mill but still use the 3n1 ever now and then. Right now I’ve taken the dc motor and controller off and am fixing to install an ac motor and sell it. I’m running out of space in my shop and need to make some room.

Back