New Member with New PM 1340 GT

Pirogue

Registered
Registered
Hello Guys,
I just received my PM1340 GT lathe two days ago. I ordered it with a 3 phase motor as per Matt's recommendation and after watching Mike's (zmotorsports) review on Youtube. I have the Hitachi WJ200-015SF VFD. I would like to configure my setup exactly as Mike did in his review, adding the speed pot and Jog forward / reverse function to the front panel of the lathe; however, I am not sure of any wiring configurations that would have to be made in the control panel. I know that I have to wire the VFD directly to the motor for power, but not sure about the low voltage modifications. I could use some help if one of you guys are willing to share a little information with me. In the review, it appeared that Mike basically kept all original components of the lathe and just added the F/R switch and speed pot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Rick

The for/rev lever on apron has micro switches already. You can use those for your for/rev on the vfd control. Same with e-stop and power on.
Their are acouple members that have done what you want and have wrote extensive write ups and diagrams. Do a quick search or wait I’m sure they will chime in soon. Good luck with your lathe

Found this in about 60 seconds. ;)

There are a bunch of threads here regarding wiring a 1340GT.

I recently did the basic VFD conversion and it is fairly straight forward. Take your time, mark wire bundles, and photograph connections in the event you need to roll back any changes. Download the PDF @wrmiller linked in his post. PM me if you have any questions.

You might consider Mark Jacobs control board. I added that to my three phage 1340GT we have many others here.

Ditto on the Mark Jacobs Control Board, Three Phase VFD, Jog Stick in both directions, Proximity Stop and Tach. A joy to use with enhanced usage of the Lathe.

Before you do ANYTHING talk to Mark Jacobs, the VFD guru around here. I have one of his set-ups on my 1340 and couldn't be happier!

Back