Noriek

Registered
Registered
Hi all
Have just joined , have decided to get into a bit of hobby metal work, interest is knife making.
About to build a belt grinder.
A question for u all out there.
I have what was sold as a
Minitech CQ6125 x 550 lathe
Here in Australia. Company that sold it, not available any more.
I need a drive belt It is a toothed nylon belt from the motor to the pully system.
Any ideas of who to contact
Regards

Welcome.

Of course, you are going to need to order a generic belt. So, lets first figure what it is. Are the pulleys toothed? if so, need the measurements. Pics would help. then need pulley diameters and distance apart to figure belt length. Or, just a plain old string wrapped around the route and measured will normally do for length estimate.

Does the machine have all metric or English fasteners? Then we know which standard the belt likely is.

karl

Hi Karl
Still looking around sites ,found a pdf manual for the cq6125 it shows the belt as

2631L 075/255L 075(250/280)

The original belt is all gone, above would describe size and such i guess
Does above mean anything to anyone
Thanks in advance
keiron

Hi Karl and all
Further to above the part number for mine is incorrect, the manual I found is same model number but when you look at the gearing and drive set up it is all different , so I guess i will have to go to the drive belt web sites with diameters and such

Firstly welcome to this friendly and informative site.

I tried googling that belt no and came up with nothing, Then I googled "Minitech CQ6125 x 550 lathe " and got a website that was down so you might try it, later.

I'm not familiar with machine tool suppliers in Perth, try google and ask around. I just discovered Hare & Forbes in Perth, near the airport try them.

Bob.

Last edited:
Say one more thought. here in the states; 1L is a size of "V" belt. lets be sure you do not have "V" belt pulleys. Just a wild guess based on seeing the "L" in the part number

That looks like several part numbers, looking up the middle one "075/255L" gets this:
https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-timing-teeth-width-19-1mm/dp/B0087E8CNI

Thanks Eddyde, for the detective work, unfortunately amazon does not deliver that item to Australia, I looked up another supplier (US) and they want $140. to deliver again a very common problem for us here in Downunder, with American suppliers. I have been able to supply our newbie "K" with a couple of leads, we'll see how he goes with them. I'm based here in Australia, although some distance (approx 2700 Km =1670m) from him, but I do have contacts, and I'm used to finding things that are hard to find. So if he needs further help.

Back