New Mill/Drill

I TIG welded mine. It's as good as one piece. Turning the whole thing out of a piece of stock big enough to contain the hex head is going to be pretty tedious.

Did my bottom storage shelf and my wing shelves to rest the tools in use. I gotta have a convenient spot to put my tools down or I spend half the day looking for them.
DSC_0088.JPG

not so sure you are going to like storing tools on that bottom shelf. Unless of course you like having everything stored there covered in chips, cutting fluid and coolant (If you use coolant)

Don't use coolant just an acid brush with cutting oil. I can enclose the bottom shelf if need be. In any event, I gotta do something for chip control as this thing throws them 6 feet in every direction.

Thanks, Will. Yes I have lusted after a mill but I've been trying to mill whatever I needed on the lathe. It gets old shifting back and forth between turning and milling (and tramming). When the HF unit went on sale with a coupon for $960 i just couldn't resist any more. I promised the General that I'd sell one of my smokeless muzzle loaders to pay off the credit card bill! Her memory is scary good but I'm hoping for a bit of amnesia! LOL
Ed P
Just a followup.......HA! I still have the rifle! I don't think my wife forgot, it was more like pity.

A followup to the followup! A guy saw me shooting thr RIQ ( rifle in question) at the range, fell in lust, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I was leaving the next day on a hunting trip so we had to wait for my return. Well, I'm back and just got off the phone with him. Bottom line, pending the conclusion of this imminent transaction, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a power feed and a DRO. I'm looking at an ALIGN 500D but I can't seem to find the spec on lead screw diameter. My HF 33686 is an RF30 clone and has a 17mm lead screw diameter. Anyone know if that's what the ALIGN 500D calls for?

Just saw this! Is your switch still wired for 110v ? I desperately need pics of the 16 pole drum switch. How it's wired. Jumper wires. My mills switch is in pieces with the jumper wires pulled out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back