New Mill, need help getting information on

Meltro

Registered
Registered
Just purchased my first mill, noticed up on auction with only a few minutes left and I decided it was worth risking 260 Freedombucks on. I figured it would be easy to find more information on it, but my google-fu has failed me. In looking at a few other posts this might be a re-branded import (given that it says 'Spain' on the plate that seems entirely possible) but I can't find out for sure. Could anyone help me get some more information on this thing, or even a real model number/original product pre-import?

Giant CLEVELAND lettering on the side, model is listed as '2. U.'

For $260..... well done. It might be a bit of a bear until you have it in place but you will NEVER utter the words, “I wish it was just a bit bigger”. Cheers!!! Awesome.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be this one?

Wow, I was hopeful of maybe getting an answer by tomorrow morning, not a manual within the hour. Yes indeed, it was listed as a horizontal with attachment, part of why I suspect I scored it for so cheap. Thank you!

For $260..... well done. It might be a bit of a bear until you have it in place but you will NEVER utter the words, “I wish it was just a bit bigger”. Cheers!!! Awesome.......

I know, right? That table just keeps going forever!

@Meltro,

First, Welcome to the group!

Second, that is an amazing, big machine. You sure like to go big!
Even figuring in the price of a VFD you get a monster machine for little money.

Of course, it'll likely cost some money to move it too, unless you're all set with a big truck and forklift.

Please post back with more photos and your adventure in getting it set up.

-brino

EDIT: and then the real spending begins; vise, parallels, end mills, boring head, rotary table, etc., etc.

Good job on the mill! Very well done. Probably has a 50 NMTB taper as well. Will handle some bigger tooling which you can find cheaper used:)

It is indeed listed as a '50 taper', manual says ISO if that is to be believed but we shall see. My next effort will be moving it, which I could use some advice on....the lathe that I had been planning to buy was 3800lbs and I had secured an appropriate trailer however this is 5500, will likely be renting a flatbed. I was planning on spending $1500 on this lathe so I have some funds available for moving, but I am just starting my home shop and if someone could check my math, $1500 - ($260 + moving costs) = money I am allowed to spend on tooling, yes? :chunky:

Call a local roll off unit. He can winch it on and slide it off in your shop door. Should be fairly reasonable. Not sure how far the mill is from your home? Takes all the responsibility away from you securing the load and travelling maybe over loaded.
Cheers
Martin

If you have a tilt-bed trailer with a winch, it wouldn't be hard to move yourself. A friend and I moved a 14,000 lb. lathe last week with our tilt-bed, winch and machinery skates. Just take it slow and easy, being very careful and thinking each move out ahead of time.

Reactions: Z2V
So I think I've got a working solution, had some consultation with a sibling in construction management and the seller and think I'm going to be using one of these:

I managed to work out a month of storage with the seller as I am moving into a new place mid-april and don't want to do this again, which time I'll be hopefully starting refurbishment. I was going to create a new thread for that in the manufacturer forums and close this one down, but I cannot seem to find either Cleveland or Ajax, even in the lesser-knowns. Should I just start one in the 'Various' or one of the projects forums?

Back