New mill...

Wow, those are pretty cool alright, I’ve never seen ones like that on a machine before. Reminds me of something you’d see on a navy vessel or something. Do they not work at all or do you mean they’re just not practical?

-frank

They work. But they are no DRO. They are an original Clausing option specific to the 85XX models. There are little ground rods (1" - 6") that sit in a slot. So measure - add a rod. Measure - add a rod. I'm sure at the time it it was great. And - yes - I paid retail just because this had the cool dials. The only place I've ever seen them is in a brochure that had a big "DISCONTINUED" in red stamped across the picture.

I will add a DRO at some point.

Nice piece! I also think the indicators are cool. Hadn't seen them before.
But I did notice the handles are missing, did you remove them for shipping?

It's all there and a decent amount of tooling. Had to break it down for transport a bit. But 15 minutes and it is in reasonably sized prices that don't require a moving team.

Excellent mill!

I like the "analog" DRO.....ARO?

-brino

The dials are neat, I've never seen them outside of a picture in a catalog, probably the same one you saw as they were also marked discontinued. Guessing they were not a hit even if kind of a clever idea.

Enjoy the new mill!

Back