new owner of old Central Machinery 9x20 Bc20 lathe

blibecap

Registered
Registered
I am new here, Bill in Cincinnati, Ohio USA. I just purchased a older Central Machinery 9x20 BC20 gear change lathe. The lath is not operational and missing a few parts. I also own a small mill and a 12" craftsman lathe. I would appreciate it if anyone can help with documentation, pictures and advice.

Bill in Cincy

Welcome!!! I just did a quick search and found reference to 9 x 20 lathes by Grizzly, Enco and others as well as the HF version. I did get a hit on one manual - here is the link - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dPgpS3DyYiHyokw&bvm=bv.59568121,d.cWc&cad=rja.

Check out the G4000 from Grizzly.com as well - they have manuals, parte list, etc. on their website for download - it may be the same or a similar variant of the same lathe. Just something to get you started - What are you missing?

Hi Dan and thanks. I did some searching before I posted and didn't find what i was looking for. My lathe does not have a gear change box (transmission) rather I have to change the gears on the spindles myself and this is where some of my confusion comes in. I was actually able to download a poor copy of the manual for this machine from Harbor Freight but it is a poor copy and doesn't really explain things very well.

Bill In Cincy

Back