New Pm 727m Mill

My work envelope is actually rather small. Mostly gun-smith type work and miscellaneous hobby work. However, my trusty little X2 just doesn't have what it takes for steel. For aluminum, it works great. At first I was thinking of selling my X2, but the more I think of it, it will make a nice little second op machine for aluminum or perhaps a decent little drill press, which is something I don't have.

Oh, by the way, I ordered the 727 yesterday and it shipped out yesterday afternoon! It looks like I will have possibly tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. And yes, there will be plenty of pictures!

Well, I take delivery tomorrow between 11 am and 4 pm. Rather than starting a new thread, I will use this one as the title works well!! Expect some pictures tomorrow night.

Looking forward to your pictures and review, I think this model hits a sweet spot for its size and specifications. Matt is one of the few vendors that seems to be able to evolve his machines through the years. You still might look into building a base for the stand if you need the additional height, it looks quite substantial.

It's here! Already started uncrating. Everything is packaged well, just as expected. I have already done some preliminary measurements and it looks like I need to raise the stand about 5". I'm going to use some lumber to experiment with, then I will build an adjustable stand.
20150903_130327.jpg
20150903_131323.jpg

Looks great 3d, I'll be watching this with much interest. Please post on every bit of your experience with this mill, as I've pretty much decided that this model is just right for my needs. As mksj said it fits nicely between the PM 25 with 13" spindle height and PM 932 weighing 1100 lbs. It'll be at least a couple more months for me, as I'm currently having daily radiation treatments, which will last another 2 1/2 months. BUT HEY, talk about turning a negative into a positive---my incredible wife agrees that a mill would make a nice "end of radiation treatments" gift ! So, thanks for all your future 727m posts, and remember there is no such thing as too many pics ! JR49

That's a pretty nice looking mill you have there Sir!

I too am looking forward to your impressions, and of course more pics. :)

I'd send it back. Your Chinese plywood has a big void in it. Before anyone starts giving me a hard time, the OP & I are good friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back