New PM-727V arrived today, Happy ??

GTPI

Registered
Registered
My new machine is DOA! Did I miss something ? Yes It's got power, spindle just chatters occasionally when the forward or reverse buttons are pushed.

Besides that it's perfect, I gave it a quick clean and now that I won't be making any chips I'll have the whole weekend to deep clean and setup.

The only small item that I found is that the arm that the DRO is mounted on is too small for the column mounted bracket so it flops around when tight, a few nylon

washers will remedy this.

Well regardless, my new mill is really nice! I'm pleased with PM's service so far and I'm certain this will be resolved quickly. I'll be sure to update once my mill is

fully operational. :encourage:

Congrats!! Sorry to hear there is a problem but Matt will make it right.

Now where are the PICS??

I would send an email tonight or as soon as practical. If nothing else it will give them a chance to be ready for your call, or you may be surprised by a response over the weekend which is what happened for me when i had an issue. As Mikey said they will make it right.

Congrats!! Sorry to hear there is a problem but Matt will make it right.

Now where are the PICS??
Thanks , I had friends lined up to help me but when the delivery truck arrived they were gone. I spent the next three hours getting the mill in my house by myself:apologize:. It's amazing what one can do when necessary .
So it's hotter than hell in SW Florida but I was determined to get my new mill inside before the rain storm that was coming . My efforts were fueled by the anticipation of my new mills first chip! It was a bit of a let down to say the least.

I would send an email tonight or as soon as practical. If nothing else it will give them a chance to be ready for your call, or you may be surprised by a response over the weekend which is what happened for me when i had an issue. As Mikey said they will make it right.
Thanks, email has been sent to PM. hopefully I'll hear back early in the week.

I'm sure PM will get in touch with you right away and make it right. I've contacted them about 5 or 6 times via email asking about machines, and got very quick responses every time.

Congrats on the new milling machine!

Unplug the machine and check all the wire terminal connections- something may have come loose during shipping
-Mark

Unplug the machine and check all the wire terminal connections- something may have come loose during shipping
-Mark
Thanks, I removed the front panel and checked all connections to be sure they are in place but that's as far as I went. I haven't checked connection at the motor.
While being very careful if I advance the spindle slightly it will attempt to move then nothing.

Thanks , I had friends lined up to help me but when the delivery truck arrived they were gone. I spent the next three hours getting the mill in my house by myself:apologize:. It's amazing what one can do when necessary .

Boy can I ever relate to this. In the end it's always my stuff, my problem, but it's amazing what can be accomplished with the right kind of pressure and a fistful of ibuprofen.

Back