New PM-727V arrived today, Happy ??

Just wanted to make it known that someone from PM emailed me today to reassure me that they will look into this further on Monday, I was asked to try and disconnect the speed sensor and power to it and see if that changes anything. I'll report back soon!
UPDATE: No luck, pulled the speed sensor as reccomended, nothing. Checked all the connections and all pass, it's time to start throwing parts at it! If it were an AC motor I would say its faulty but seeing that I'm not sure how the board works and I don't have a working DC meter I will wait for Monday.
The motor will try to run and spins maybe one or two revolutions then locks up yet when I cut power the shaft spins freely. Acts like a bad motor.

Last edited:
No that sounds like a bad controller- anyhow, Matt will get you going

Thanks, There's nothing on this mill that looks like shipping could hurt it unless it was a really rough ride, the crate was perfect but it had been opened and sealed prior to delivery .
PM told me that they do run them before before they ship.
So at the end of the day I'm confident it will be taken care of, I will just have to delay my happy dance for a few days.
Tomorrow I will locate a engine crane and get my mill lifted onto the base, I can't just keep cleaning it :frog:

I understand the feeling of a new machine that wont run, frustrating is the least of it. Matt and the gang at QMT will get you going soon so the happy dance can go on!

After a short diagnostic over the phone they will be sending me a replacement motor controller and a replacement speed control. They may have been able to check further but I don't have a DCV meter.
Hopefully we get it the first time, I was told DC motors rarely go bad!
I have had plenty of time, don't think this mill will ever be Q-tip clean again. LOL

After a short diagnostic over the phone they will be sending me a replacement motor controller and a replacement speed control. They may have been able to check further but I don't have a DCV meter.
Hopefully we get it the first time, I was told DC motors rarely go bad!
I have had plenty of time, don't think this mill will ever be Q-tip clean again. LOL
Still waiting!

Did you call PM and ask them the status?
[/QUOTE Well its been dead since new, PM got me a controller and speed dial today, nothing is any different so another attempt . Yup Im a bit disapointed.

Dang it. Stick with it, I'm sure they will resolve the issue.

Back