New PM-727V arrived today, Happy ??

I wonder how the whole virus thing figures into this, might be from limited staff. I sure hope so at least. I had excellent service when i needed help with my PM-727M

Well I felt it was a bad motor, even so I was sent a controller and a speed controller which required soldering to the harness , I'm shocked it was less the 1'leads and connector to make it plug&play. This mill takes an odd motor (1.5hp dc) :apologize:.
They didn't have the parts I received in stock so I guess a motor could be a problem too. I waited so long for something so disappointing.

Well I spoke to Mike, my only contact. The parts that were sent didn't work so he will be sending me a new motor. I'm still looking forward to my new mill, just wish it had gone better.

Frustrating process you are going through. I really hope the new motor finally gets it squared away.

Any update?
I am still waiting, I was told a new motor needs to come from China. I was also contacted for my mills serial number, not sure why they don't have it on file! Tech support claims to be working hard on it. I did tell them that they should send a truck to pick it up. Funny, but I would gladly let it go.

Well I felt it was a bad motor, even so I was sent a controller and a speed controller which required soldering to the harness , I'm shocked it was less the 1'leads and connector to make it plug&play. This mill takes an odd motor (1.5hp dc) :apologize:.
They didn't have the parts I received in stock so I guess a motor could be a problem too. I waited so long for something so disappointing.
Just wondering about the bldc motors that seem to be commonly used in many small mills. Does anyone know how reliable they are in general, or in comparison to induction motors. Asking because I have no experience with these motors and have considered a smaller mill, but given your experience I'm starting to wonder if I should avoid machines with bldc motors. I know a sample of one is not indicative of peoples general experienc, but I still have to wonder.

So how long should a bldc motor and controller be expected to last? I have induction motors that are decades old. Should I reasonably expect a bldc motor to last as long? Also how universal are these motors? If PM is no longer in business down the road how difficult would it be to source a replacement motor.

I know adding this question to this thread may not be the best place for it, but it was GTPI's experience that really got me thinking about this.

Last edited:
Just wondering about the bldc motors that seem to be commonly used in many small mills. Does anyone know how reliable they are in general, or in comparison to induction motors. Asking because I have no experience with these motors and have considered a smaller mill, but given your experience I'm starting to wonder if I should avoid machines with bldc motors. I know a sample of one is not indicative of peoples general experienc, but I still have to wonder.

So how long should a bldc motor and controller be expected to last? I have induction motors that are decades old. Should I reasonably expect a bldc motor to last as long? Also how universal are these motors? If PM is no longer in business down the road how difficult would it be to source a replacement motor.

I know adding this question to this thread may not be the best place for it, but it was GTPI's experience that really got me thinking about this.

I work in the automation industry and while I cannot comment on BLDC motors, I can on AC servo motors. They are surprisingly the same motor hardware more or less, except the AC motor is controlled a bit more intelligently. Since there are no brushes, they can last a very long time (decades) under constant use. That assumes the customer installs them within the design limits and in a clean environment. It is much more common for the control electronics to die.

That being said, induction motors are the simplest device out there and can last indefinitely with bearing maintenance.

Back