New PM-727V!

evowest

Registered
Registered
My first machine showed up yesterday! When I had introduced myself I had said I was torn between the PM-25MV and the PM-727V, well I appreciate the advice of this place and other threads that I had read saying go as big as you can and went with the 727. This has been an interest of mine for a long time, and I am extremely excited to start making some chips, I went at this with the idea that I needed it for my company to make some parts that no-one produces but a wise man told me, "you can find a way to get parts mad, buy a machine because you WANT it, not because you think you need it or can make money from it." And this is something I wanted. getting her (him? not sure what a mill is :D) set up right now. All levelled for the moment (as level as one can get with a carpenters level, a machinist level will eventually be purchased and the mill will get rechecked). Cleaning all the grease and about to tram the head now. hopefully will be making a few cuts by tonight! sorry for the long rant, haven't made a big purchase like this in a loooong time and I'm a little giddy haha.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2888.jpg
    IMG_2888.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 254
Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy her, and welcome to HM!

Good luck with it. I have had my 727v for a couple of years now and I am very happy with it. No regrets.

Nice machine, I'm sure you are excited! You'll have years of fun with that mill.

Trying to figure out which PM mill to order myself, keep waking up with a different model in my head each morning, guess I need to read and think more - or just break down and order one!

My first machine showed up yesterday! When I had introduced myself I had said I was torn between the PM-25MV and the PM-727V, well I appreciate the advice of this place and other threads that I had read saying go as big as you can and went with the 727. This has been an interest of mine for a long time, and I am extremely excited to start making some chips, I went at this with the idea that I needed it for my company to make some parts that no-one produces but a wise man told me, "you can find a way to get parts mad, buy a machine because you WANT it, not because you think you need it or can make money from it." And this is something I wanted. getting her (him? not sure what a mill is :D) set up right now. All levelled for the moment (as level as one can get with a carpenters level, a machinist level will eventually be purchased and the mill will get rechecked). Cleaning all the grease and about to tram the head now. hopefully will be making a few cuts by tonight! sorry for the long rant, haven't made a big purchase like this in a loooong time and I'm a little giddy haha.

Just last week I placed the same order, my 727V was loaded on the truck for shipping today! So i'm almost as happy as you are.
She looks great, I hope you make many little chips together ! Thanks for the photo.

Congrats!

My mill arrived in town on the ship Sunday morning, but it won't be unloaded from the van/trailer/container until tonight. I get to pick it up Tomorrow morning. They open at 8a, but I've got an electrician coming at 9a to give me a quote for adding another 240v outlet on the other side of my garage, so I'll probably pick it up at 10a. :D :D :D

I'll just use the 30ft. 8 gauge 240v extension cord for my welder until the new outlet gets installed. ;)

Back