NEW PM-833T IN THE SHOP

I understand the top speed is 1500 RPM. Did you find that to be a problem or a limitation for doing aluminum Or any other jobs?

I understand the top speed is 1500 RPM. Did you find that to be a problem or a limitation for doing aluminum Or any other jobs?

1500 IS AS FAST AS I CARE TO RUN IT .
IT MAKES A LOT OF NOISE AT THAT SPEED & THE SPINDLE GETS WARMER THAN USUAL .

Mine gets a warm too, but then again I haven't run mine much.

RIMSPOKE... Is your CAPS LOCK button broke?

Looks like a great machine. Has it met your expectations now that you have had it for some time? Was there a three phase option by chance?

Hi Mark:
I know that it is not my thread but I have the 833T also. It is a very nice machine with the fit and finish being very, very good. The Taiwan built machines are definitely worth the money. I have not used it a lot so don't have a much to say about it other than you would not be dissapointed to have one in your shop.

Here is a link to my thread on the 833T

Looks like a great machine. Has it met your expectations now that you have had it for some time? Was there a three phase option by chance?

IT IS DEFINITELY A CUT ABOVE MOST ASIAN TABLE MILLS .
I LOVE THE SIZE AND RANGES OF TRAVEL , YOU CAN DO SOME SERIOUS WORK ON THIS MACHINE .

I DON'T LIKE THE NOISE OF THE GEAR TRAIN . HAVING RUN BELT DRIVEN MILLS FOR SO MANY YEARS
IT IS QUITE ANNOYING ESPECIALLY IN HIGHER SPEEDS .

IT DOES NOT HAVE THE RIDGIDITY OF A BRIDGEPORT FOR HEAVY CUTS AND YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE
IN THE FINISH OF SIDE CUTS .

MY MACHINE IS 220 SINGLE PHASE . I NEVER ASKED ABOUT A 3 PHASE OPTION .
I AM SURE THAT MATT AT PRECISION MATTHEWS CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION .
http://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-833t/

Have you done any boring with the z head power feed? Yes great travels and do feel the same about the Taiwan machines.

Have you done any boring with the z head power feed? Yes great travels and do feel the same about the Taiwan machines.

INDEED I HAVE !
THIS THING WORKS FANTASTIC FOR BORING .

THE POWER FEED IS ADJUSTABLE TO SLOW STEADY FEEDS .
I HAVE A Z READOUT SO I CAN GET THE DEPTH WHERE I WANT IT .

I WOULDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING ONE OF THESE WITHOUT THE POWER Z OPTION .

Thanks guys! Getting close to buying a mill. I wonder how it would compare to the real Rong Fu rf 45. I know it has less travel but it seems to have a good reputation with it s good castings and how the column has five bolts vs. Most with four. Decent bearings and such. About a grand cheaper than the 833t. Might even buy the rf 31 if I end up jacking in my job. Yes a round column but many solutions out there and i do really prefer a belt drive and the better rpm range. Yes the pm 835 s looks like a contender but with only the head from Taiwan i am a little weary about it. Matt does put the effort in as I would think it would be of decent quality with the pm badge.

Rimspoke one stat I have never seen anywhere is the swing for the 833t. Very Decent travels and better than a bridgeport spindle to table distance. I keep coming back to this machine for the quality.

Back