New Pm 932 Pdf Set Up :)

Looks like you are almost ready to go! I like the base too, looks nice and solid.

If they collets wont go in, just back out the pin thats in there. Take the end cap off the spindle, (Ring around the spindle) and you will see the screw in the side of the spindle, it just needs unscrewed a little bit until they will fit, no big deal at all. Travis said he talked to you for an hour or so yesterday about the machine and went over things, but check out that link to the manual above if you dont have it already, that should answer anything else you need.

where is the link located at ?
on this forum in this section or on the PM website ?
spend a few Hrs re-tapping aftermkt collets , chasing thread on draw bar ect....
still having issues with B/T collets and Bore of ID of spindle tight fit not able to hand tight nor lock collet yet
anyone? . keep polishing everything removing all known burs ect ect..........????
TIA

I would continue the clean/debur/chase/stone sequence until you think you have everything. If there are still issues after that, they can then be addressed individually. Just my $0.02

I would continue the clean/debur/chase/stone sequence until you think you have everything. If there are still issues after that, they can then be addressed individually. Just my $0.02
yea thanks ... that's what I was thinkin too. backed out key way filled cleaned up still issues .. than polished , wired deburured all collets. . Inspected quill , Took out out key way collet locating pin .. 1/2 way through check fit recheck lost the motor on mill . Now I gots bigger fish to fry.

Always time to work on sumthin else ... well all my collets now fit after speeding another hour or so polishing out burs/ rechasing threads . Now you are able to thread in w/ draw bar and thumb... and push collet up in spindle with ease . I still have to put back keyway and adjust tho... hopefully that's not another round of fixin the collet set.

Next thing to figure out is Spindle stroke dial calibrate / readjust (off by +.100) this is for setting an exact stop for z depth on quill.for some reason using the scale at zero its ahead +.100
perhaps if I take apart I can adjust that . anyone know on the 932 Pdf model if that can be done ?

whats id really like is to use gauge blocks with a quill stop however not going to be able to do with this design. maybe ill add a small one for 1" and less .

Also id like some ideas and or comments . . As there is no dial on the Z column depth. First anyone know the pitch of lead screw /? and if anyone had made a dial for it . Or is everyone a get a DRO for the Z column . I do plan on putting one on all axis . but still nice to have a manual dial as well. Thanks for any ideas :D

Kenny, I just purchased the 727M mill, which is the little brother to the 932. I am also curious about a DRO for the Z axis on the column to track the actual head movement. I would prefer to leave the quill locked down and move the whole head, which would essentially be the same function as a knee on a bridgeport style mill. For now, I am going to try out the Z axis quill DRO and see if that does what I need it to do.

Kenny, I just purchased the 727M mill, which is the little brother to the 932. I am also curious about a DRO for the Z axis on the column to track the actual head movement. I would prefer to leave the quill locked down and move the whole head, which would essentially be the same function as a knee on a bridgeport style mill. For now, I am going to try out the Z axis quill DRO and see if that does what I need it to do.

On both my PM25 and my CO 12Z I have a 3-axis DRO with the Z-axis on the column. Some don't agree, and that's fine, but I find it very useful as I mostly do side milling anyway, and like you, don't want to extend the quill any further than I have to. (when finding Z-axis zero I do extend it a bit but usually it's less than a quarter inch and then lock it down)

On the rare occasion when I need to mill a pocket, I use the quill digital readout for that. Had I been able to afford it, I would have opted for the 4-axis magnetic DRO and had the column and quill cumulative, but oh well, this setup works for me.

Thanks Guys . Update worked on Collets and fit ect... smoothe as butter now you can slide collet up in spindle with 2 fingers and tighten draw bar with thumb and index finger . than precede to torque nut. Works like its supposed to .,.a little TLC needed to get there.
On to next issue my start capacitor for motor crapped out Matt sent a new oneout right away as soon as we verified that was issue . All is well should be up and running soon.

That is a nice machine you have ..
Btw I didn't look at specs at that machine funny i may have purchased i it. Originally I opted for pm25 but saw it was not big enough so upgraded .Anyhows im happy with not being limited in what the PM932 should be able to do .

what u are saying will work else Lock quill. add indicator move column in increments than Lock z axis and take face cuts.
like bill mentions extended quill for under inch may be fine for dialing small cuts however if you need to accurate remove material with z depth.
You can add modiphy a simple DRO to column and will accomplish same thing to have quill in upmost position .

In near future i will be getting a DRO for at least 2 axes maybe add the z > however that does not give me a quill stop that can be set to a desired increment . What im looking to do is 3 fold ill explain as i modiphy figure out the machines limitations with power feed quill and z axis stop. I think the new Dro's are 2 months out so for now ill use indicator and make a temp DRO than decide from there if im going with 3rd axis DRO or not .

Looks like you are almost ready to go! I like the base too, looks nice and solid. .

A belated "Thanks" Matt" didn't see you wrote that...Yes the stand worked out well , still have it on rollers situating the mill working out space B/T lathe , Island workbench/ assembly bench ' table saw/ work bench . This still needs working out room leg room with a rolling tool bench ( limited on room .)

little mill/ shop update :
All in all with a few adjustments will have a functional shop in garage. Because of powered feed and total X travel on Mill had to move the fridge over yet another 5 inches . Just enough room behind door for some storage and too be able to open garage door. No worries still have the beer bait fridge. ;)

here is Pic of Mill in its new place standing tall . Nice machine I am glad I opted on The PM932 PDF w/ 220V 1..5 HP mill . I know once I work out a few bugs she will serve me well . Thanks again for all your help and support . Still have not a clue what my hobby may be but I do know my Next project. Making new Gib locks for all axes and perhaps working out a quill depth gauge for the PDF Model.
DSCF1260.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Guys i wanted to ask a quick Q regarding lubrication

Recently i purchased a PM 932Pdf set up dialed in cleaned and worked out a few china issues needed to get the machine up.and running. I did have a motor issue which im awaiting reply from PM . Other than that all should be well nice machine for its size. . Machine seems pretty tight a few mods i am going to add in time to make operation smother. . .
Already went over entire machine lubrication points the last left is changing the original gear box oil with fresh oil .In our manual page 16 it discusses lubrication . In the section recommend lubricants . I dunno if im reading correctly (have both oils) but not sure what recommending . Can someone confirm that it is stating that 80W90 is THE SAME as ISO68 ?
it recommends 3 quarts.

is Mobil DTE heavy/Med same as 80W90 auto gear oil?

thanks in advance :)

Back