New PM932 arrived

FieldTeam

Registered
Registered
Finally received the PM932M-PDF I ordered in May this past Thursday. While the machine itself is what I expected, I found it beat up when I unpacked it. The base comes in two pieces in the same crate and they were left to beat the crap out of each other during their travels. Here I found out that it is cast iron covered in what I can best describe as bondo, then painted blue. The machine had some wounds too, but nothing that could effect operation.
I made what seems to be the standard adjustable stand and wired it up. Everything appears to work and I ran it through each speed setting and then made some trial cuts before calling it a night. Haven't been able to get back on it until this afternoon, and am checking re-level and tram.
Trying now to figure out how to take care of the damage. Sent pictures to PM but have not been able to get in touch since. Really don't want to send it back, but not too thrilled with spending this much money for damaged goods.
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Field Team...

It's unfortunate the base got chipped in transit. Anyhow, yes... that is an epoxy "bondo" material covering the cast iron. All such items are prepared/finished that way -and have been for a long time. On some of the very older machines (my old Atlas and SB for example), the cast iron was painted with multiple coats of very thick paint -but now, epoxy is used. This happens from time to time and is easily repaired. Any auto part store like Pep Boys or Auto Zone etc, sells an 8oz can of bondo for about $9. The color is just Rustoleum Blue and a 1 pint can is about $7. Contact Matt and he'll reimburse for up to $20 and send you a check.

Ray

Back