'new' Powr-kraft 10" Lathe And Some Questions.

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The SW store actually had a BM color book and could match the two codes. My choice of brands was nothing more scientific than the SW store is handier for me to get to. :chunky:

Nogoingback

That is a GREAT looking color. It's so good, I'm almost (but not quite) motivated enough to paint mine too. :)

T. J.

I will say that the baby seal black is a very close, but not exact match to the original paint on mine. The most important thing to me though is that it's all painted - with the same color all over! It's been a long project, but I'm glad I did it.

It's getting close to being fully assembled. I found that I can't mount the Harbor Freight motor that came with it without installing a riser between the countershaft assembly and chip pan. I was planning on replacing that motor eventually anyway so I decided to do it now. There's a new Baldor 1/2 HP 3 phase motor on the way.

Nogoingback

Well, it looks very nice. My project lathe is sort of camouflaged: currently 4 different colors and that doesn't include the motor!

Last edited:

T. J.

It's getting really close now. I'm waiting on the paint to dry on a couple of hinge brackets for the headstock, then I can finish the reassembly. Detailed pics to follow!

I have a question regarding the name plates. The switch plate and feed chart were painted black, but the Powr-Kraft nameplate on the headstock was a sort of brown color. It can be seen in the pics in my earlier posts. Is that the original color, or was it black too?

T. J.

Yes! I got the electrical work done over thanksgiving. I am now in the process of making leveling feet for the lathe. Once I get those done and finish the name plates, I'll post some more photos!

Nogoingback

Great! Looking forward to pics...

T. J.

I finally got some more photos taken!

First, here are the leveling feet that I made:
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock