'new' Powr-kraft 10" Lathe And Some Questions.

The SW store actually had a BM color book and could match the two codes. My choice of brands was nothing more scientific than the SW store is handier for me to get to. :chunky:

That is a GREAT looking color. It's so good, I'm almost (but not quite) motivated enough to paint mine too. :)

I will say that the baby seal black is a very close, but not exact match to the original paint on mine. The most important thing to me though is that it's all painted - with the same color all over! It's been a long project, but I'm glad I did it.

It's getting close to being fully assembled. I found that I can't mount the Harbor Freight motor that came with it without installing a riser between the countershaft assembly and chip pan. I was planning on replacing that motor eventually anyway so I decided to do it now. There's a new Baldor 1/2 HP 3 phase motor on the way.

Well, it looks very nice. My project lathe is sort of camouflaged: currently 4 different colors and that doesn't include the motor!

Last edited:
It's getting really close now. I'm waiting on the paint to dry on a couple of hinge brackets for the headstock, then I can finish the reassembly. Detailed pics to follow!

I have a question regarding the name plates. The switch plate and feed chart were painted black, but the Powr-Kraft nameplate on the headstock was a sort of brown color. It can be seen in the pics in my earlier posts. Is that the original color, or was it black too?

Yes! I got the electrical work done over thanksgiving. I am now in the process of making leveling feet for the lathe. Once I get those done and finish the name plates, I'll post some more photos!

I finally got some more photos taken!

First, here are the leveling feet that I made:
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG

Back