New project for pidjones - a Triumph this time

Started today and seemed to run well (not ridden - I'm still working my way into riding reverse foot controls). Also, I had been starting it on 15W40 Rotella. That is drained and Castrol GTX 20W50 in. I think part of the starting problem was that the fuel level in the tank was too low. After adding another gallon, it finally gets fuel when tickled. Anyway, sorted for now and I will load it up and haul it to the Possum Gathering in Sevierville, TN for Friday and Saturday.

Attachments

• Possum23.jpg
    Possum23.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 4
Set the timing by strobe today. Was pretty far off - at the A (GG model, so before the crank change) at idle, so retarded it a bunch. Seems to start better now, but not full cold so don't know for sure. Was over 80F before I finished, so let the fan cool it down and put it up.

We have arborists (locally called wood butchers) coming tomorrow so we can give them a butt-load of money to take out some trees threatening our house. Soon, the neighbor will follow me on his Spyder while I give the T150 30 or so miles try-out.

Well, I've ridden it around the neighborhood a couple laps and find that I get no enjoyment riding a right-foot shift bike. Sp, I've decided to sell it and make room in the garage for my '75 GL1000. Most all info is in the text for the Youtube video that I did for it here:
DSC03400.jpg

Bummer….

Back when I was riding Brit bikes I didn’t find it hard to switch back and forth. Wanna trade for a couple of milling machines?

John

I used to switch from Harley to BSA. Doesn’t take long at all to remember.

~48 years of left-foot shifting pretty much has my muscles set. Might try it next week when the rain passes though. Still need to sell it to make room for my next project - a '75 GL1000 to restore instead of rescue.

Back