New project for pidjones - a Triumph this time

Planning to take the tires to get mounted tomorrow, but the wife wants me to see the doctor first. Doubt there will be progress the rest of the week as I will be running a bike show at church this Saturday, and headed for Barber Vintage weekend the next week.

Ya'll come check out our show if you're in the Knoxville area!
89db0dc5aac091cf6975ca76b4f28099.jpg
b3632241d16b8f30d763c6511b51f8cf.jpg

Although I really don't think much rain will get here before Saturday evening, some people may be traveling to the show, so....
We will be canceling the show for this Saturday and using our rain date of October 15.
Let others know!

Attachments

• Thunder Roads addIG.jpg
    Thunder Roads addIG.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Rain date show8x11_1.jpg
    Rain date show8x11_1.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 6
Scored a set of Euro-style handlebars, a chain guard (needs modification), and a brake lever with perch that a mirror can be bolted to. At Barber Vintage Weekend swap meet. Three days of old motorcycle heaven!

Finally getting around to mixing paint for it. I have very light green/grey in mind. Very light, very, very. Everything that I found was just pale green or still too dark, so bought a quart of white lacquer and began mixing my own. Not enough green yet, so more of that on order. A small test batch looks just how I want it, though.

entered in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
A quart of Duplicolor competition white, 50 ml of Tamiya dark green, ~4 ml of Duplicolor black. Pretty close to what I had in mind. Now, to finish preping all of the pieces (and still waiting for the new left side cover).

Handlebars picked up at Barber Vintage Weekend mounted. Today made a cable adjuster for the front brake lever that I bought there. But, made it out of aluminum and remains to be seen if it is strong enough.

Epoxy came in to patch the pulled-through mounting holes on the right side-cover. Ground around and wiped well with acetone, then a layer of epoxy, layer of fiberglass cloth, layer of epoxy, layer of cloth, final layer of epoxy. All bedded in nicely with no air bubbles seen. A bit of progress, at least!

Layed some glass on the rear fender joint between Chinabay rear piece and bobbed original. Faired that with body filler. A bit more glass to form a bead on the cut edge of the corners at the jojnt. Needs just a bit more filler to smooth for paint. This joint is covered fully by the seat, but I still want it looking better and to not have sharp edges. Filled the hole in the front fender (there for brake cable loop, but on wrong side) with glass and smoothed with filler. Both fenders will be painted, anyway.

Back