New projects

ratranger

Registered
Registered
Well, I'm new to this site I've been posting my projects on dotheton and xs650 so far.

I recently finished an XS650 street tracker. Suspension conversion, 17" wheels, EFI, rephased, did everything except powder coat the frame, bore the cylinders and lace the wheels.

Now I'm working on another XS650 and am currently machining the adapters to run a 19" front rim in the rear.

I do my home work on an atlas th42 that I recently moved onto a th54 bed, and an Induma 1s knee mill. I used to work at a shop programming and running Okuma mill turns, now I'm at the lazy B.

The 3 pictures are my finished bike, my "new" bike and the machines I make my parts with.
20190601_154923_HDR.jpgIMG_20190529_212605_301.jpg20190526_200445.jpg

Nice bikes and shop:encourage:welcome to the forum, there are lots of very knowledge and helpful folks here.

I’m working on a TT500 street tracker now and have an XS650 motor waiting for the next build.

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the welcome.

Nice. I actually traded a 73 triumph spitfire with a toyota 4age in it for the black XS. I do have an extra half frame and xs1 engine. But once the black one is done and moved down the road I'll go back to working on the CB400F with single sided suapension.

This makes me think about my RD350. That is one that I should never have sold.

This makes me think about my RD350. That is one that I should never have sold
Had one o' them once. Bought it from a friend for a pittance, because it had a stuck piston. Got the piston freed up, but crunched the cylinder up in the process. Found out from the Texas DMV that the absolutely had to see the bike "in person" to register it to me. Luckily, they were relatively close by. So I simply pushed it there (had no pickup truck in those days). Got some strange looks, pushing along an older bike with one bare piston hanging out of the engine block. One guy asked me what had happened, and I fed him a line about the engine blowing up while I was riding it. Got a good laugh from the expression on his face!

Kept the bike for a few more years, but sold it when I graduated and moved to California.

Yes, I'm way off topic ... but your post brought back some fond memories!

@ratranger,

welcome to the site!
you will find many like-minded people here.

-brino

I've always thought a smoker would be fun, just haven't had a chance because people want a premium for them. I won't pay $1500 or more for a basketcase with no title.

Thanks Brino. It's always nice to see what other people are up to. It's a good way to learn something new, and there is plenty I don't know.

Funny the connections. My buddy had an RD350, I had a Kawasaki 500:oops:

Later I had a triumph Herald and a TR4.

I guess having these types of “experiences” makes one see the rationale for having 50k lbs of tools:cool:

Cheers,

John

Back