New Radius Turner

"That's an interesting design; now I wondering how I can scale it down to work with my 7x12."

This design can easily be scaled up or down in size. Using a QCTP, you can adjust the center height and it can be used on machines that are close in size with no other changes. For bigger changes, all you need to do is make another cutting tool post that will put the carbide cutting tool at center height for your machine. The little post that holds the cutting tool is fastened to the turntable with a 1/4 - 20 screw, and only takes a minute to change.

GG

That's an interesting design; now I wondering how I can scale it down to work with my 7x12.

Foe some reason radius turning has always fascinated me, and I have collected many links on the topic - click on the link below and scroll down to "Ball turning tools" if interested:

https://sites.google.com/site/lagadoacademy/useful-links#lathetools

Kevin I have a 7x12 and am fascinated by ball turners as well. I have collected 5 or 6 different designs, but this is the simplest one I have encountered so far plus I have all the materials to make it. Now I just need the time to do all this stuff.

Back