New (realy Old) Welder

nice old welder. hope you have lots of power to run it. check the input current tag. some of those old transformer machines took upwards of 100 amp circuts to get max power.

If you can post the serial # I can cross it to the Miller model that it likely matches. I may have a manual for it also if you need one.

That is a beast, but is should make some nice welds. DO you know of a good miller board or anything, I have an old miller gas powered welder, that has a Tecumseh engine, that has a module out. And I cannot find one.

That machine is Miller built and compares to a Syncrowave 300. If the bad module in the gas drive is the idle control module it can probably be rewired to use a Miller legend module.

I'm wondering/thinking it might be best to sell/trade this machine for a smaller more efficient/practical tig welder. Advice?

That machine isn't nearly as old as I was expecting. It looks like it has digital displays, high frequency, gas, water... it looks like an awesome machine! Did it come with a foot pedal and leads? Any other accessories? I would keep it and use the heck out of it!

GG

Came with everything & I already had a nicer torch and a water cooler. I'm just thinking it's a bit large for my shop both in size and power requirements

Hi Charley,
that's one hell of a welder, if i lived closer i'd buy it from you!
you can most likely use it for all but the thickest of materials on a 50 amp circuit
i would imagine you should be able to weld at 150 amps without significant problems

I'm gonna try and get it wired up this week and check everything out, then I'll make a rational decision on what to do with it

Back