New Robrenz video -- great stuff!

I saw the latest installment. Glad to see Robin has found some time to make vids again. And some cool projects forthcoming. I'm thankful people like him take the time to produce YouTube content. It must be a lot of work but the knowledge benefit to me is so valuable.

Is there any other way to get access to that interview? I'm kind of social media stunted - no Instagram, no FaceTwit... Can I pay you in Bit-Loonies? I'm sure that must be a thing.

Thank you Bob. Good score. Didn't even know that website existed.

I'm kind of social media stunted - no Instagram, no FaceTwit...
I am not a social media type, either, except for H-M! Still, you can go to Instagram and look around. That is where Robin has been posting stuff, short articles he could work in between other work. Good stuff. Some of the best YouTube machinists also have strong presences on social media. I go there very rarely, but most of the content is available to look at without a membership.

Stefan Gotteswinter also has a phone interview on that site. Interesting, but not quite as good as Robin's interview, IMO. More horsing around.
https://thecogwheel.net/

Last edited:
A little F.Y.I.

I have one of the rollaways like the general in the video. After about 8 years of the rollaway sitting static in one place, the rubber tires on the steel cast wheels are starting to split into, dropping the cabinet down about 3/8". Of course, it don't help when you have over 600 lbs of tools and junk stored in and on the cabinet. Those cabinets are built heavy and stout. Much stouter than the old Craftsman and Kennedy cabinets are built. And I have both in my shop, too. Just wish they had a little more height in the drawers.

I used four of those boxes back to back integrated into a large work bench. Sitting static with no casters on eight leveling feet.
Best bang for your buck. The only complaint I have is the top drawers don't pull out far enough, but then again the top has a 2" overhang.

It's my opinion that he should have framed in his boxes so that the entire weight/load is on a separate framework. Only because its a dynamic load when he moves it, and although those boxes are stout, they will flex in motion. Don't get me wrong, Robin does amazing work non the less. The pod casts are interesting listening and he's talented as they come.
IMG_1725.JPGIMG_1727.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

Just for clarification... the tool boxes in Paco's post are HF boxes NOT Snap-On...
He pointed that out in his build post. He ordered the badges online and replaced the HF badges.
Way to go Paco...
As always, excellent work!!!

I like Robin's video's, but I really question the way he did the leveling feet, way under engineered for the weight ( I am sure he started to realize some of it when he had to add the braces). He goes through all the stuff for the kinetic details on the surface plate mounting , then uses a cheap ass hardware bolt for the leveling. Come on , get some real leveling feet like these.
http://catalog.te-co.com/viewitems/leveling-toggle-pads-nbsp/leveling-pads?

I also would agree with the above poster, about not relying on the HF frame for total weight support .

Back