[4]

New schedule for Rebuilding and scraping classes the rest of year 2018

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hi everyone. I have been emailing the potential host in the UK and he said he has had some interest in a October 2018 class, but not enough to set it in stone. We are now talking about a class in the spring of 2019. I will be teaching 2 classes in Austria week 46 & 47, 2018 for BIAX Germany. Now BIAX is talking about a possible 3RD week in Austria too. I have been talking to J&S Machine in Nowata Oklahoma (near Barttelsville) inside his new Air conditioned plant in July or August. Possible a small class in MN in September if I can get my shop straightened up, but it's hard to do that when I can be sitting on the deck of my lake cabin...lol. I will be teaching a class down in Tipton GA at Vintage Machinery or Keith Ruckers in January of 2019. If anyone would like to learn to rebuild their machines, let me know.

I am also here and ready and willing to help you with your rebuilding and scraping :) Please ask. Rich

TerryH

I have no clue what I'm doing...
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I am in for the one in Bartlesville.

Richard King 2

Ok...Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you info and sign you up. Thanks. Rich

JStarks

Registered
Darn, wish I had joined and looked around sooner since Nowata is just up the road, do you have someplace you post your calendar?

Richard King 2

We still have a few openings and the class is Sept 20 - 24....private message me your email address and I'll send you some info

Richard King 2

Just talking now tonight with Steve Watkins down in Novasota TX about doing a class in middle of Feb 2019

Sdmf5150

Registered
Do you ever have classes at Dapra? That would be great, only a 15 minute drive for me. I'm definitely going to get a straight edge from your eBay store this weekend.

Richard King 2

no...they don't have the room or equipment I need. I will be doing a class up in Sprringfield VT in May or June in 2019, just working out the details now. Last time I did one there I stayed at an airbnb that wasn't to bad...in $ I will write about that class sooner then later...once we figure it out. Also talking with Steve Watkins to do one on feb 22 - 26, 2019....

cs900

maker of chips
I'd be very interested in the VT class (or really any where in the north east).

Logan 400

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Is the class in Ga (Tifton) by any chance? I can't find Tipton. I woul like some information if it is Tifton.

Richard King 2

Is the class in Ga (Tifton) by any chance? I can't find Tipton. I woul like some information if it is Tifton.
That class was sold out a few months ago and we now have a waiting list. Keith sold 8 of the 10 spots from his many followers on You Tube.
I am talking with a few folks about doing something in the SE next fall and will let everyone know when it is arranged. Thanks. Rich

toploader

Registered
Next class you hold on the west coast I'm in.

Sblack

Registered
Interested in VT. I will watch this space.

eeler1

Dang, buggered that up too!!
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
We miss you out here in NorCal, when you coming back?

Richard King 2

We are hoping to do something in the NAPA area or North Bay area in the spring of 2019. So busy now to work on it...

eeler1

Dang, buggered that up too!!
Cool, my home town, put me on the list. Can stay with my folks or brother or one of my cousins. Would be happy to be the 'helper' if possible, but if not I'm still in.

SubtleHustle

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Hey Richard, if you do end up doing a class in Navasota, Tx, please PM me with info.

vtcnc

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Richard, can we generate some interest for a class in Burlington, Vermont sometime next late winter/early spring? I know you will be in Springfield in May. It's nearly two hours from Burlington so makes it somewhat inaccessible for those of us in Plattsburgh, Burlington and Montreal.

We can host at my factory in Burlington. My main interest is getting a couple of our guys trained up for reconditioning of our tool & die equipment but more importantly for our fleet of Barber Coleman gear hobbers.

Thanks,
Bryan

Richard King 2

Bryan, contact me at Richard@Handscraping.com I tried to do one up there 4 or 5 years ago and didn't have a lot of luck. Recruiting is the key and word of mouth, ebay, all the forums is how it has to be done. I doubt we could get enough interested in a class there in 2019. Only so many people will sign up in VT. We did one in Oklahoma a few months ago and that company paid me to teach there as we only could recruit 2 outside people and I require 8 paying students before I OK the class will take place

[6]
[5] [7]