New Screw update. And oiler system.

wayne_h

Registered
Registered
Well, I popped off the table on my mill Saturday. As I was doing that the UPS man showed up with my new screws. Sadly, the X screw is too short. But, I now have the chance to fix the oiler system. I assumed this worked, but I was wrong... I've taken rebuilt a number of 50 year old tractor and car engines, and this by far had more sludge in the bottom of it than one might imagine. Did they put recycled engine oil in this thing? Most of the lines are plugged up. The check valves on the pump didn't work, and I'm hoping to not spend 15 bucks on each flow regulators.

I soaked the flow regulators (the ones that screw into the 8 port manifold) in carb cleaner last night. Other than air and carb cleaner, any advice on testing them and cleaning them?

For pulling the table. My mill is set up in a corner, but I managed to get the engine hoist secured to it and it worked like a champ.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Wayne

IMG_20190202_160459.jpg

IMG_20190202_170300.jpg

I found a place on eeee bay that has the oiler's a little cheaper. Let me look and see if I can find it.
I bought an old mill last year and found the same conditions.
Joe 286845286846

Joe:

I took my oil pump apart and cleaned it up well. I took out all the sludge, and it pumps well now. I guess. I cleaned the 8 port oiler manifold this morning, and tried soaking/cleaning the regulators that attach to the manifold. No luck on that, no oil comes out of any of them.

Does anyone know how to clean the oil regulators that attach to the manifold, other than the 8x15= 120 bucks for new ones......

Depending on the style of them, you can buy cheap ones on the bay for less than $5 each.

Back