New shop helper

Make sure you are the leader, and enforce it. Voice is all I need for discipline, if discipline is needed I go to the dog, I never call the dog to me for that.
First time we ever took a dog to training sessions. The trainer taught us how to teach our Fox terrier.
You are correct, voice and inflection is all it takes.
If Rocco got caught doing something he wasn't suppose to be doing, I would say, "Oh Rocco shame". He would try to crawl inside himself. :)

I built a ramp so my 3 buddies can get up on the bench by themselves. They can then watch the woods outside for squirrels or whatever.

Attachments

• 20191029_160605.jpg
    20191029_160605.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
I have a ramp for my old cat. He's got problems walking. His back legs are giving out on him. Kinda like me.

I finally gave up and got a prong collar. No matter what we did she pulls hard on the leash. The trainer even gave up and recommended the collar. Nothing else worked. I noticed an immediate difference with the collar. I hope in a few days we won't have to use it.

She has discovered the stairs in my shop. Runs up and down them all the time. And it's getting better with the cats. She has learned that my one Siamese has freddy kruger claws and it's not wise to mess with him. Her nose is almost healed up now.

20200621_145907.jpg20200621_145952.jpg

I picked up a Gentle Lead harness for Khaos. Couldn't try it out because it rained today. Hopefully go for a walk with it tomorrow.

Well dog is doing better with the cats. We got a new kitten awhile back and they are best friends. My other cats either beat the crap out of her, or just ignore her.

So it's settled down to a dull roar.

sandy-max2.jpg

Our dogs and cats get along pretty good. At least until there is a glass door between them, then both are the bravest fighters you could imagine. Something about the safety of the glass, awakes the wild side of both.

Love it.
Look at that face!! (On the lab)
We lost our Rocco of old age back in spring of 2018.
Never gone this long without animals. It's time.

We have had Delta (on the left), for a year now. She is too active for our old lab, and demanding of our time (play fetch). Saw an add on CL, giving a dog away that needed a yard to play in. So we ended up adopting Rocky (7 months)to help keep delta active, and give my arm a break.

Rockey was living in a camper, with a single mom, and two kids. I can see he was too energetic for them.
IMG_2373.jpg

Delta is a border collie/ blue healer mix.
Rocky is a border collie/ Lab mix.

DSCN0154.JPG

Sherman, 8 year old Lab/ Aussie mix ( I call him my red lab.

Back