New shop helper

The harness I had went around the shoulders and chest and mainly kept the dog from chocking on just a neck collar. With it I could keep her from taking off, and finally she got tired of pulling. Looks like the muzzle one you used might work better.

The words squirrel , possum , fox , mailman are never used in the house . 3 Shelties can do some damage in a hurry . :grin:

Which ever command you wish to use,,, wait, halt, stop, your choice is a prime command I like to teach my dogs. We have fields where the dogs fetch sticks, and walk etc off the leash. If anything comes around birds, other dogs, cars it's good to verbally be able to hold them. Also stay close when they're free ~ 10'. Your dog will pick up the vocabulary :encourage:

The words squirrel , possum , fox , mailman are never used in the house . 3 Shelties can do some damage in a hurry . :grin:
My chow can recognize the UPS truck coming down the road.

The harness I had went around the shoulders and chest and mainly kept the dog from chocking on just a neck collar. With it I could keep her from taking off, and finally she got tired of pulling. Looks like the muzzle one you used might work better.
It was surprising how well the GL worked. To have such good control of her head meant I could get her attention real quick and it is not painful or cruel or as scary as a choke collar. Some dogs just don’t seem to get the choke thing when on alarm. Her being an AmStaff/pit bull they are pretty impervious to pain if on alarm. I never heard her choke or gag from pulling on the GL. She is a funny dog in that she never growls or makes any noise even when she rushes a fence when another dog is barking. I’ve loved all my older rescues but they are like a box a chocolates, never know what your gonna get.

looks like the new helper is settling in nicely!
good looking dog!

Thanks.

If she survives our cat she may work out.

We just finished putting up a new fence for her this week. She loves the freedom it gives her instead of being on a leash all the time.

20200612_111634.jpg

20200612_111608.jpg

Last edited:
very nice, she'll be real normal here in a few weeks!
she'll get the hint that cat's aren't always the friendliest to dogs, if she crosses any lines with the cat.

i had a good friend that had a parrot, a cat and a jack russel terrier as pets.
it was like real life Tom and Jerry Cartoons.
the funny part was the parrot ran the show, the other 2 were very leary of the bird :cautious:,
one snap of the beak and a tail tip could easily be knocked off.

Back