New Shop (hopefully)

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I found a place with a shop. Made an offer on it today, and if it passes inspection and appraises out it will be mine. Financing is in place and I have the down payment in hand. My GF told me there is a house there too, honestly I didn't notice. I'll ask her to point it out to me next time we go there.

It has 100 amps of 220v power and the lift comes with it. It's in Sliver Lake Washington and I have a view of the lake. My commute will be long, but I can carpool with my GF.

I'll finally have a place to work that I don't have to turn sideways to move.

GetMedia.ashx17.jpgGetMedia.ashx16.jpgGetMedia.ashx18.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking shop! Hope it works out for you.

Be careful, it can look like a lot of space now, but can fill up quickly. I think you'll be very happy there. :encourage:

Thanks, I plan on filling it up :grin: My current space is equivalent to about a 1-1/2 car garage.

My GF showed me these. I guess there is a house there. I wonder what it looks like inside???:cool:

First thing is to get my 220v wired up for my machines and air compressor and parts washer.

GetMedia.ashx.jpg

Thanks, I plan on filling it up :grin: My current space is equivalent to about a 1-1/2 car garage.

My GF showed me these. I guess there is a house there. I wonder what it looks like inside???:cool:
Pretty funny--I've always thought the perfect place would be a 1000 sq ft house with a 5000 sq ft garage/shop.:D

Congratulations!

Last edited:
great to see you around Alloy, haven't heard from you for ages. Looks like a wonderful shop and a beautiful part of the world.

Looks Awesome

Thanks guys.

I've just been working at my job and my business at home. My business has really taken off lately so no real time for machining projects or new machines to talk about. But with the bigger shop who knows what I'll come up with :grin:

This has been a long time coming. It's taken years of work to get where I am now to be able to do this. 10 hour days at work, then home for several more hours working, then working all weekend at home. But when I get everything moved in and don't have to literally turn sideways to move it will all be worth it.

Pretty funny--I've always thought the perfect place would be a 1000 sq ft house with a 5000 sq ft garage/shop.:D

Congratulations!

my brother, the builder, has a 4900 sq ft house of which 900' is living area.

Back