[4]

New shop machines shortly

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

idmax12

Registered
Hello to all on the site. I just joined an I am looking forward to all the info. I am about to pull the trigger and order a lathe and Mill. After some brain storming and many headaches I have decided on the PM 1236T and the 833T mill. I wanted equipment that will last me many years to come and start right. I am not going to be ordering the bases though. I will be building some custom stands with shelving that I need. What I am looking for are bolt hole dimensions of the lathe and mill. And also what would be a good stand height to make.

Many thank you's in advance.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Can't help with your questions, but congrats on your choices. Those should be very good machines. :encourage:

Of course I'm slightly biased as I have the slightly larger versions, the 935TS and the 1340. :big grin:

And welcome to the forums!

Btroj

Registered
I already have a 1236 and in a few weeks will have an 833T.
Very happy with the lathe and the 1236T should only be better. Had it been an option when I got mine I would have gone with it.

MonkMan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Welcome aboard.....

7milesup

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
IDmax12...

I have the 833T sitting on a stand that I built for it. I will try and get down to the shop and get some measurements for you. I have a very busy day today so not sure on the time frame for you but I will get them...

pacifica

RGL
Hello to all on the site. I just joined an I am looking forward to all the info. I am about to pull the trigger and order a lathe and Mill. After some brain storming and many headaches I have decided on the PM 1236T and the 833T mill. I wanted equipment that will last me many years to come and start right. I am not going to be ordering the bases though. I will be building some custom stands with shelving that I need. What I am looking for are bolt hole dimensions of the lathe and mill. And also what would be a good stand height to make.

Many thank you's in advance.
Depends on how tall you are?

WarrenP

Registered
If this helps any.. the stand Pm sells for the mill is 35 x 28 x 22 in .

idmax12

Registered
IDmax12...

I have the 833T sitting on a stand that I built for it. I will try and get down to the shop and get some measurements for you. I have a very busy day today so not sure on the time frame for you but I will get them...
Thank you 7milesup. No hurry, Im off to Thailand for two weeks on Friday and the machines will still be another couple of months I imagine. But thank you.

WarrenP

Registered
Yea, that's what I thought too. i would guess you could add or subtract a couple inches depending on how tall you are....

[5] [7]