New shop machines shortly

idmax12

Registered
Registered
Hello to all on the site. I just joined an I am looking forward to all the info. I am about to pull the trigger and order a lathe and Mill. After some brain storming and many headaches I have decided on the PM 1236T and the 833T mill. I wanted equipment that will last me many years to come and start right. I am not going to be ordering the bases though. I will be building some custom stands with shelving that I need. What I am looking for are bolt hole dimensions of the lathe and mill. And also what would be a good stand height to make.

Many thank you's in advance.

Can't help with your questions, but congrats on your choices. Those should be very good machines. :encourage:

Of course I'm slightly biased as I have the slightly larger versions, the 935TS and the 1340. :big grin:

And welcome to the forums!

I already have a 1236 and in a few weeks will have an 833T.
Very happy with the lathe and the 1236T should only be better. Had it been an option when I got mine I would have gone with it.

Welcome aboard.....

IDmax12...

I have the 833T sitting on a stand that I built for it. I will try and get down to the shop and get some measurements for you. I have a very busy day today so not sure on the time frame for you but I will get them...

Hello to all on the site. I just joined an I am looking forward to all the info. I am about to pull the trigger and order a lathe and Mill. After some brain storming and many headaches I have decided on the PM 1236T and the 833T mill. I wanted equipment that will last me many years to come and start right. I am not going to be ordering the bases though. I will be building some custom stands with shelving that I need. What I am looking for are bolt hole dimensions of the lathe and mill. And also what would be a good stand height to make.

Many thank you's in advance.
Depends on how tall you are?

If this helps any.. the stand Pm sells for the mill is 35 x 28 x 22 in .

IDmax12...

I have the 833T sitting on a stand that I built for it. I will try and get down to the shop and get some measurements for you. I have a very busy day today so not sure on the time frame for you but I will get them...

Thank you 7milesup. No hurry, Im off to Thailand for two weeks on Friday and the machines will still be another couple of months I imagine. But thank you.

Yea, that's what I thought too. i would guess you could add or subtract a couple inches depending on how tall you are....

Back