New shop! (was: Multiple buildings, ...)

Dug the perimeter drains. These will get geotextile cloth around gravel with a perforated pipe center. This clay soil gets soft very quickly when the soil is saturated with water.
97DF864B-8295-4E74-AAD1-C21FF9D3518A.jpeg

Gravel coming next week for the french drains.

Looks like you're on a roll. What part of Georgia did you live in? I trained horses for a number of years from our farm in Madison.

Regards,
Terry

Looks like you're on a roll. What part of Georgia did you live in? I trained horses for a number of years from our farm in Madison.

Regards,
Terry
We lived between Savannah and Statesboro in a community called Eden, Ga. Before that spent quite a few years in Atlanta. Don’t think it counts for much but I was born in Madison. Madison, Wisconsin.... ;)

Reactions: tjb
We lived between Savannah and Statesboro in a community called Eden, Ga. Before that spent quite a few years in Atlanta. Don’t think it counts for much but I was born in Madison. Madison, Wisconsin.... ;)
You had me going right up to the last word in your post. Pretty country down towards Savannah.

I'll be following your build. Looks like you're well on the way.

Regards,
Terry

You had me going right up to the last word in your post. Pretty country down towards Savannah.

I'll be following your build. Looks like you're well on the way.

Regards,
Terry
I'm sure it sounds like I'm messing with you but I also grew up in Duluth. Duluth, Mn that is :)
I heard a rumor (don't know if it is true) that Duluth Ga was so named because the founders saw a federal proposal to fund a railroad to Duluth. No state name given. I sold the place near Savannah in 2018 and the house in Marietta in 2019. Last of that money will go into building this shop.

I'm sure it sounds like I'm messing with you but I also grew up in Duluth. Duluth, Mn that is :)
I heard a rumor (don't know if it is true) that Duluth Ga was so named because the founders saw a federal proposal to fund a railroad to Duluth. No state name given. I sold the place near Savannah in 2018 and the house in Marietta in 2019. Last of that money will go into building this shop.
Well, if we're gonna start messing with each other, would that be Savannah, GEORGIA? And Marietta, GEORGIA? A quick google search indicates there are TWELVE Savannah's in the world and NINETEEN Marietta's just in the USA. How am I supposed to know which ones you're talking about? And when you say, 'Georgia', are you talking about the one I live in? For all I know, you possibly could have been talking about moving from 'Soviet' Georgia. Didn't see a 'USA' anywhere in your original post. (But then your mastery of the subtleties of 'down-South English' was sufficient to suggest locations much closer to me. A dead give-away to be sure, but still a necessary assumption on my part.)

Also, I'm sure you're aware that ancient resources clearly mention an 'Eden' somewhere in the Fertile Crescent - about a third of the way around the globe. Life was much easier for me on this one, though, because you graciously mentioned, Georgia. But wait! Is that Georgia, USA or Eastern Europe? You didn't say which... Oh, never mind.

And just for the record while we're on the subject, in your Post #14, you didn't specify which Atlanta. Is it 'Georgia'? And 'USA'? I assumed as much, but for all I know, you could have been talking about:

Atlanta, Arkansas, unincorporated community.
Atlanta, California, unincorporated community.
Atlanta, Delaware, unincorporated community.
Atlanta, Idaho, unincorporated community.
Atlanta, Illinois, city.
Atlanta, Indiana, town.
Atlanta, Kansas, city.
Atlanta, Kentucky, unincorporated community.

And that's just the ones in the USA. I'm sure you're aware that there are also FIFTEEN Atlanta's in other countries throughout the world. Just sayin'.

Other than that, everything else in your posts was crystal clear.

Regards,
Terry

P.S.: For some reason, I feel compelled to inform you I'm not a lawyer.

It is good to see the work going into the ground where it is needed.

Excellent looking building project.

A man of many talents to do all that.

Back