New (soon to be) TouchDRO user.

These Vevor glass scales have double seals that look to be close to 100 percent sealing. I'm wondering if anyone is running a double seal scales without chip cover ?

Seems to me with the scale mounted with encoder down, it would be very difficult for any dust/shavings to enter. Would make mounting easier by excluding the chip cover.

Wow, did not expect those results. (y-axis) :)

IMG_2234.JPG

The setup,

IMG_2233.JPG

Two 2-3-4 blocks with a socket bolt in the encoder. Set zero on left block, slide encoder right and slip the other 2-3-4 block in, slide encoder back. Talk about a loosey goosey setup.

Finished the install.

IMG_2392.JPG

Left side

IMG_2394.JPG

Right side

IMG_2401.JPG

Button head hex screws makes for a clean look too :)

I will have to say, very pleased with this install and TouchDRO works like a champ. Under $300 for everything.

Thanks for the write up. Had about decided on TouchDRO for my mill/drill but you just drove in the proverbial last nail. Will be ordering x and y scales and adapter soon.

Finally mounted TouchDRO controller. Was bouncing around trying to decide where it should live. Back of table, under table, on monitor arm. Got tired of moving it around and stuck it on the back of column.

IMG_2407.JPG

Battery backup/power supply goes under table, on back panel. There's already a 24 inch, 8 outlet Tripp Lite AC outlet strip mounted there.

These Vevor glass scales have double seals that look to be close to 100 percent sealing. I'm wondering if anyone is running a double seal scales without chip cover ?

Seems to me with the scale mounted with encoder down, it would be very difficult for any dust/shavings to enter. Would make mounting easier by excluding the chip cover.
I pretty much have the same scales I believe as far as covers. I just have a ToAuto DRO. As of now i dont think i will be using the covers bc of spacing and as you said with them upside down it will make it even harder to get swarf in it. I dont use compressed air just a brush and one or those little air bulb squeezer things.

GearFend Dust Cleaner Strong... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087NHW5FZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Is that a custom made IPad holder/arm? Or did you buy it?

A very nice setup!:encourage:

Is that a custom made IPad holder/arm? Or did you buy it?

A very nice setup!:encourage:

An old VESA monitor mount + new VESA iPad/tablet holder. Replaced the short 6" arm with a 12" arm. And added grub screws to mount to keep it from swinging.

Back