New (soon to be) TouchDRO user.

Wow! Thank you for the info! I've been making mine.

I'll be honest, I never expected to see Wireshark screenshots on this forum. Really appreciate the in-depth testing you did, and your endorsement is making me seriously consider trying to fit a DRO to my lathe.

I also like that the protocol is well documented. I don't really like using Android devices as appliances, but not having to reverse engineer anything means that it wouldn't be too much work (probably 3-6 months) for me to write a hacked-together frontend that I could run on a Linux SBC. It wouldn't have many of the really cool app features I've just read about that compelled me to edit this sentence in, but it'd be fun to write and I could do something dorky like hook up an amber phosphor serial terminal for that sweet 1980s vibe.

Gah! Why is this forum so good at making me drain my wallet‽

Last edited:
Gah! Why is this forum so good at making me drain my wallet‽
LOL. Yes but in a really good way!

Yuriy designed a very nice well thought out product. And, I really like supporting his efforts. :)

Real easy to talk to the TouchDRO controller. Only took me a few hours to get a basic fetch and dump from device, running under OSX. A few hours more to get bluetooth APIs talking directly to it. Piece of cake.

Back