New stand for PM932M

ats1911

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Mentioned this a while back in another thread, finally got it all assembled last week and got thing put back together. Seems very solid, but haven’t actually made any chips yet.

2”x2”x3/16”, 3”x1.5”x1/4” C-channel where the mill mounts, 1/4” plate on top. All built over the HF 44x22 cabinet. I welded on bracket for small shelves (or bracing) on the ends but haven’t decided whether or not to add anything. 26”D x 52”W x 36”H.

—Aaron

610AC4D8-DC70-45F6-827E-15C821EF1243.jpeg
4489FC8C-9F06-4625-B9C0-2EC031392C09.jpeg

Looks good . I wouldn't think you'll have any problem misplacing that roller cabinet . :big grin:

Thanks. Yeah, it was that or orange the day I was in there....

Nicely done! It wouldn't take much to fabricate a plexiglass enclosure on the back and sides to contain chips. Could use magnets to attach it. A flycutter on that machine will make you believe in the necessity, I bet.

As for the color, I love it!

Very nice looking setup you've got. If it were me, I'd add braces between the front and rear legs on both sides
though.

Thanks again, all.

I’ve been pondering a backstop of sorts that I can put collets and such on, but adding plexiglas wings is a good idea. Waiting for my PM1236 to get here to see how everything works out in the garage.

For shelves/bracing, we’ll see. It’s tied together pretty well by the cabinet, but cutting some metal will be the test.

Very nice setup. You may wish you had some kind of protective skirt hanging across the front of the drawers - a shower curtain kind of retractable thing. My drawers are forever filling with swarf and cutting oil. :) Nice job on the stand.

Thank you. Hadn’t really thought about swarf in the drawers, but hoping the extension of the chip tray and the cabinet being recessed 2” will help. Would certainly not be difficult to add a shower curtain type of thing If needed, that’s a good idea.

Last edited:
Back