New Taig Lathe owner

Hazegry

Registered
Registered
Hi guys I'm going to buy a Taig lathe in the next few weeks. I am planning on buying the kit then the collet set, extra set of jaws for the 3 jaw chuck, back-cut tool rest, extra tool post, a couple of extra belts, 6pc tool bit set, radius cutter, and a needle bearing center. Later I plan to get a 4 jaw chuck and power feed, and next year to get a Mill. I build R/C Model boats and would like to start building from plans and eventually make my own boat kits. This is my current project. 8522293579_1ce43077e5_z.jpg and a link to more pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/hazegry/sets/72157632898237425/

8522293579_1ce43077e5_z.jpg

Congratulations, these are a great little lathe but I must admit I do not like the collets for the 3/4" spindle. They're "ok" but I prefer the ER-16 spindle as it's just a nicer/more precise feel.

Now of course you can not use the 3/4 threaded chucks on the ER spindle without some sort of adapter, but switching headstocks/spindles on these is so easy that it's silly not to save your pennies and get an extra spindle with the ER16 collet setup.

Good luck, and you do some very nice work!
Dave

Thanks I think I am really going to like it. I plan on turning some pens with it as well.

Back