New Tig Day - Everlast Powertig 255 Ext (18 Pics)

Nice looking rig. You'll have to show us your learning process.

That ground clamp may grow on you. That's a very old, proven design. Looks a bit modernized, but not much. I put one on my TIG, and have them on both MIGs. I like em.

Sweet Coolidge!
I do like that ground clamp better than mine, (the cheap folded sheet metal type) thought about replacing it with that type.

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced both my welder's ground clamps with those. They seem better. If nothing else, they look old school and cool.

LOL well maybe that ground clamp will grow on me, at first glance it looked old, I thought what did they find this out back of Jim's barn in a scrap bucket?

Looks like a normal ground clamp to me.

The only hand amp control I've used had a sliding control.
To keep a steady arc length while using the same hand to slide the control was difficult for me.
The good thing about it was that once it was adjusted it stayed in position.

My ground clamps are all the other type(cheap folded sheet metal). I have heard this type is better.

Congrats, I'm sure you'll be happy with that machine.

-brino

Good luck with that baby ,sure looks like its a well made machine, using it will tell. Let us know I'm envious ,I want to get a tig too but , ya know money's tight. Have fun and make lots of good things.

Nice. Like the water cooler; wish I had one. Air cooled Torch + steel 1/4" plate = very hot hands after a brief amount of welding.

Where did you buy from?

I have that ground clamp on my Miller Thunderbolt. It can carry a lot of current. It works OK on flats but not great on rounds. It tends to slip off at the slightest bump. I have gotten to the point of clamping a pair of vice grips to the work and attaching the clamp to the vice grips.

Back